PDA

View Full Version : Can Girls Leave on Marriage

uxbull
4th Feb 2009, 18:27
Hi Troops,

As the title says, can girls still leave the RAF on Marriage?

Thanks

Wrathmonk
4th Feb 2009, 19:17
IIRC when the WRAF disbanded and merged with the RAF this option was withdrawn....

... but not before, unless it is an urban myth, a number of (male) pilots at Valley used it as a precident and left pretty much overnight (rather than the 18mths wait time that was in force for PVRs at that time).

ZH875
4th Feb 2009, 19:22
I thought the option was withdrawn due to the sex discrimination act when the girlies demand equality, blokes asked to leave on marriage, thus the loophole had to be closed.

Similar situation with the OAP, women will have to be 65 to qualify, same age as the men, rather than 5 years earlier (although I believe this is heading for 67).

Don't you just love equality.;)

Tourist
4th Feb 2009, 19:24
uxbull

Seriously, you are going to have to be more polite if you expect a decent answer from them.

Just because we all refer to RAF pilots as "girls", doesn't mean they like it.......

uxbull
4th Feb 2009, 19:28
Thanks,

just had it confirmed by a still serving mate

Cpl Plod
4th Feb 2009, 22:06
(although I believe this is heading for 67).

Think you might find the Government has stitched you already Mate, I know it's got me:confused:

The Pension Service - State Pension - State Pension age calculator (http://www.thepensionservice.gov.uk/state-pension/age-calculator.asp)

exscribbler
4th Feb 2009, 23:27
just had it confirmed by a still serving mate

I misread this as "a self-serving mate" and thought you were a pal of the CAS... :E

BEagle
5th Feb 2009, 06:51
Just because we all refer to RAF pilots as "girls", doesn't mean they like it.......

Hardly surprising, sexual ambivalence has always been rife amongst you 'rum, bum and the lash' lot......

3portdrift
5th Feb 2009, 10:54
Women haven't had the right to leave on marriage since at least early 1988. I remember having a specific brief on the rule change when down at OASC because it was sufficiently new that the paperwork hadn't been put out to Careers Offices yet. That would have been something like Feb '88, so about 20 years ago!

exscribbler
5th Feb 2009, 12:26
Sodomy and the lash, please! The tot was discontinued for officers in 1881 and others in 1970. Sexual ambivalence certainly keeps you guessing...