PDA

View Full Version : post ATPL groundschool JAA mandatory crp5??

bajadj
4th Feb 2009, 15:53
Hello all, So the 14 exams are out of the way and it's time to take a break before CPL and IR next year. My question is this, now that the atpl ground exams are complete, is it mandatory to use the CRP 5 in the CPL and IR flight planning or can I throw it back into satans lair where it belongs and start using my CX2 again?

I am of course referring to JAA CPL and IR, the FAA saw sense years ago.

many thanks for any help given.

GIZZAJOB
4th Feb 2009, 16:32
Yep bin it sell it eat it use it as a sex toy choice is yours, you may use your CX2 happily or just use the clock code for winds and S=D/T for leg times then you wont need anything . But you may use whatever you wish

bajadj
4th Feb 2009, 17:13
thankyou!! you have made my day!!! sacrificial plastic burning coming up!

GIZZAJOB
4th Feb 2009, 18:12
Dude dont do that , their are plenty of people out there doing the atpls and you can get 40-50 quid on ebay , thats where I got mine

wannabe15
5th Feb 2009, 00:38
That's right. I'm one of the "plenty people" looking to start the ATPL here in the Far East. The CRP 5 will come in handy.

Bajadj: Any barter trade deal possible? I'm open to discussion! :}

paco
5th Feb 2009, 03:26
You don't really need a CRP 5 for any exam - granted, the examiners use it, but they use 3 because the quality is so bad, so there is enough leeway for much better quality equipment to be used, assuming that the same windows are on the back. If I was going to spend that money I'd rather have something nicer.

in any case, you can get the jep for $24

Phil