PDA

View Full Version : ATPL subjects to study next?

EIPCW
4th Feb 2009, 13:29
Hi

I'm looking to split my final 7 ATPL's into 2 seperate modules and just looking for advice to which subjects to take next. I'd like to take on 4 subjects this stage and leave the remainder 3 and any repeats till later on.

So if anybody has any experience/advice on which 4 of the following 7 subjects will be best to take next, would be much appreciated

Operational Procedures
Air Law
Mass & Balance
Flight Planning
Airframes, systems and Powerplants
Radio Navigation
Human Performance

Thanks in advance,

EIPCW

Andy_20
4th Feb 2009, 13:45
Where are you taking your ATPL's?

Im with Bristol and thinking of splitting both modules so instead of 2 sittings, i sit 4. I work full time so i think it will take the pressure off... Im doing the exams i find easiest (comms and HP) and have no prob with asap with 2 hard (MET or NAV) subjects and then the rest the second time round. and same again on module 2.

EGCC4284
4th Feb 2009, 14:45
Andy

Splitting into 4 means 4 sitting and you only have a maximum of 6 sittings, so be careful if fail any one subect a number of times, you will have to resit all those that you have already passed.

Whirlygig
4th Feb 2009, 17:39
I split minie into three modules; it did take some of the pressure off as I was also working full-time. I did mine based on wihch days the exam subjects were held in order to minimise the time off work and hotel bills.

As for the subjects given by the original poster, I would recommend sitting the similar subjects together i.e. Air Law with Ops Proc and Mass & Balance with Flight Planning then I would do Airframes in the batch of three as it's quite a meaty subject.

Radio Nav and Human Factors are relatively straight so take your pick.

Cheers

Whirls