PDA

View Full Version : Philippine Aviation Chart

steveppl
4th Feb 2009, 12:01
Anyone know where I can buy some decent aviation charts to assist me in SAFE flight planning for VFR around the Luzon area in the Philippines. The local CAAP (formally ATO) don't provide decent charts. Jeppesen don't seem to have for the Philippines. The most update version avialable for sale is a 'Tactical Pilotage Chart' 1:500,000 but was last updated in 1983 ! It doesn't show the boundaries of airspace and I have to rely on FSX for that !!

Left Wing
6th Feb 2009, 11:08
Aerostratos.com - Home (http://www.aerostratos.com/web/index.htm)

steveppl
9th Feb 2009, 11:13
Many thx Leftwing. Not exactly what I was looking for in the link below, as I really wanted a VFR TAC or SAC. Their charts are basically meant for commercial pilots with instrument approach. However, they are useful to supplement my Tactical Pilotage Charts with the airspace information .....much better than FSX !

AvEnthusiast
9th Feb 2009, 11:43
Is there any aviation shops in Manila? Addresses Please?

flyboylipad
11th Feb 2009, 03:25
Don't think any Pilot shop in manila.. the only one i saw in the Phils is in Cebu.. Forgot the actual address but its close to mactan arpt on the GA side.. Saw a complete WAC package covering the whole Philippines, North and South.

jester_icarus
11th Feb 2009, 10:18
lipad boyeee....

did you try the airport main terminal? they have those WOW map of the Philippines..

flyboylipad
12th Feb 2009, 12:09
ye, those ones for free!! ;)

Eight Ball
13th Feb 2009, 23:58
Unfortunately, there are no publishers of VFR TACs ( VTCs) or Visual Navigation Charts (VNCs) in the Philippines. Been looking for one ever since. It would've been nice since they depict the airspace boundaries, frequencies and other significant landmarks like VFR approach points, but the only one you will get are the ONCs and TPCs. Just use that in tandem with a GPS. Or as someone said, use google earth.:}
Also, be aware that there are no flight service people that can give you an Area QNH for VFR flights.
Goodluck with your flying.

Tahitimax
19th Feb 2010, 08:29
Hi,

Do you know a model of GPS that has the VFR charts for the philippines ?
Garmin doesn't seem to have VFR coverage.

Thanks.

slatch
21st Feb 2010, 00:37
I use the GPS map available from Philippines Gps Map (http://www.roadguide.ph/) It is a road map. I add the aviation points i need using mapsource and load it in my Garmin 496. Not perfect but very good for VFR flying. I have loaded waypoints, IAF's and runway cords. They give a good position reference/backup if you are flying IFR.

steveppl
21st Feb 2010, 08:32
I bought a Garmin 96C with an exellent GPS map for the Philippines. You can find it on many aviation shops on the internet like Sportys and request for the 'Pacific' version. You can always download the Europe or N.America maps...they're interchangeable.

Tahitimax
21st Feb 2010, 09:29
Thanks for the replies.

bhaptatoy
25th Jun 2011, 05:51
where i can down load a navigational map with safe of VFR....?:O:O:O[IMG]www.leadingedge.com.ph[
or where i can buy....for mindanao , visayas , and luzon