PDA

View Full Version : Tyrone Hill

henrymonster
4th Feb 2009, 07:13
Not really helicopter related except that he was a pilot. I went to school with him and just heard that he has died. Does any one know what happened. I loved Tyrone for his mad sense of fun and adventure. RIP.

Helipilot1982
4th Feb 2009, 10:06
I was flying with him a couple of weeks ago - and it has taken us all by surprise up here!!!!

I do not wish to discuss the circumstances but I would just like to say Im going to miss him in the crew room and flying next to him!!

RIP buddy!!

henrymonster
4th Feb 2009, 10:37
ok. Do you know when the funeral is I would like to go my dad was not able to find out.

maxvne
4th Feb 2009, 22:53
I am shocked to hear this terrible news, I too would also like to know what happened myself Tyrone and James Gordon staples were great friends many years ago, James an engineer died in the twin squirrel crash some years ago I had lots touch with Tyrone as I couldnt keep up with him, a great guy, if you could post any funeral details as im afraid to call an old number as I dont know if his mother is still alive, I went to his fathers funeral many moons ago.
RIP to you.

avaitor72
4th Feb 2009, 23:30
For you that flew with him, and us that knew Tyrone....what a character!....both at the Grand Canyon w/ Papillion '99 (the company party with the tower guy) and down in the GOM in Galveston w/ Evergreen '00....what a guy....what a friend...you will be missed. My condolences to his family.

"Tyrone pad #10 for an Imperial"

For those reading this please keep us in the loop with any and all information please.

Camp Freddie
5th Feb 2009, 10:33
In order to give as much information as possible for those that knew him and those that didnt :-

Tyrone was a L2 captain working for CHC at Aberdeen, at the weekend he died suddenly without warning from as yet undetermined causes.

he is survived by his partner and young son and his mother.

there is no information regarding the funeral at this time and when it is available it will be posted here and on his facebook page.

Tyrone was a top guy and friend who will be missed by everyone who knew him.

CF

OffshoreHeli
5th Feb 2009, 13:08
Have to agree with others, what a lovely chap. Flew with him when I was working for CHC Scotia always had a smile. A sad loss.

GIK
6th Feb 2009, 17:01
I'm another old school friend of Tyrone's. Shocked and saddened to hear of his death last weekend. As a few of us have discussed, the world's a less lively, crazy place with Tyrone gone. The sheer number of stories, which we'll hopefully get to share again soon, of Tyrone's antics are astounding. For those of you who met him later in life, I'm sure you got just as much excitement and laughs out of your time with him as we did.

I had been a long time, but he'll still be sadly missed for a long time to come.

Errol Flynn
6th Feb 2009, 19:38
Another oul' mucker from Belfast here, and I'm just as shocked as the rest of yis. Am glad to have shared my growing pains with Tyrone (he caused a fair share of them after all!) and am all the richer for the experience - that's for sure. There was never a dull moment and he'd have given you the shirt off his back.

My thoughts are with Tyrone's family, and I just pray they get through this together. But I'm trying not going to get too solemn either. If we did, he'd be back to adminsiter a swift kick up the a*se and follow it up with that daft laugh we all loved.

We'll always have our memories, and I look forward to sharing some of these with you folks at the funeral.

Catch ye later Borleekheed,
Errol x

karenlaird
6th Feb 2009, 23:36
Hey guys

Some of you might know me or have spoken to me over the years! My name is karen and i went to school with Tyrone but unlike some others i remained in contact with him for 27 Years. I recognise a couple of your names from when I visited him in Long Beach LA or when I called him when I was drunk at Papillon in las Vegas! you guys knew how to party!!!

I spoke to Iris T's mum and Michele his partner tonight.

No news of the funeral yet but it will be in Belfast.

My tears have been falling since i found out about Tyrone. Just cant stop. He was like a brother to me. An impish rascal of a brother who could not think of the naughtiest thing to do!

3 of us used to go out on a Friday night, as we all worked in his parents bar on at saturday- Hal and I drank vodka and lime, t drank vodka and black. There was the standing joke of T's purple suit, purple shirt and purple mustache by the end of the night!

We went to the local garage one night on the way home from a totally blinding night out to get some crisps and snacks. We went to pay with no sign of Tyrone only to find him outside asleep in a saleable dog kennel fast asleep!!! We couldn't get him out!!!

Finally, I don't want to seem self indulgence but I've not stopped crying since i heard or been able to go to work. I am totally devastated. I can tell you lots of stories. I LOVED TYRONE. He was the most full of life person i ever met in my life. He made every day count. He travelled the world and as a result so did I. He loved his life- Michele and Jack and his job and his colleagues. He loved me and I loved him and that is why my tears are tripping all over this keyboard.

I can't believe i will never see or hear from him again. He brought the most precious of things in life to others- laughter, fun, drive, being the biggest imp there ever was, honesty and friendship like I will never know again. So thats it for tonight. The only thing left to say is he might have liked it if I'd cried a bit- but he would be so pissed off with me now for wailing and looking like a 90 year old woman!

Thinking of you all

Karen Xoxoxo

peter carlisle
9th Feb 2009, 21:04
Hi Karen,

just found out today, and same as everyone I'm very shocked. I feel for you as I know how very close you and Tyrone were right from those early years. I shared you with him for long enough haha.. My thoughts are with you and his family. I have some great, crazy memories of a great, fun fella.

take care,

Pete. xx

Rosh
10th Feb 2009, 20:46
Such sad news.

Tyrone was always the life of the party during my first few years in Aberdeen.

My thoughts are with Tyrone's family, friends and all at CHC Scotia.

Dan fily
10th Feb 2009, 20:56
Sorry to hear about Tyrone, one of my Instructors in the US. He will be sadly missed.

maxvne
23rd Feb 2009, 08:02
Can someone confirm if there has been a funeral? I guess so by now, Thanks Max

Jonny McAlpin
4th Mar 2009, 10:48
Very Sad to hear this news. Like Karen and others here I also went to school with Tyrone and remember him fondly. He was always great fun and, not so long ago I bumped into him in the Pothouse in belfast and had a fantastic night catching up with him.

A fun guy who will be sadly missed.

Camp Freddie
4th Mar 2009, 18:54
Can someone confirm if there has been a funeral? I guess so by now, Thanks Max

no funeral yet, I said in post #6 that I would post details when available and that is still the case

CF

Camp Freddie
12th Mar 2009, 19:16
The funeral for Tyrone Hill has been confirmed as Monday 16 March 2009 at 2pm (to be seated in the church by 1.30pm), followed by a private burial ceremony.

Glengormley Presbyterian Church
267 Antrim Road
Newtonabbey
Co. Antrim

Floral tributes can be arranged through the funeral directors;-

Bairds of Antrim
71 Church Street
Antrim
County Antrim, BT41 4BE
Tel: 028 9442 8230

A memorial service will be arranged, in Aberdeen, at a later date, for those that are unable to attend the funeral service on 16th March.

CF

BELHold
12th Mar 2009, 22:33
Just came upon this thread by chance, Tyrone and I grew up together, mischief was our middle name, as youngsters we had great times getting up to no good on the Antrim Road and at BRA.

How terrible.

God speed Ty :sad:

RIP

rc69
14th Mar 2009, 22:49
free spirit always first to have a go,try anything once sometimes twice, mad as a hatter,but good crack with it .so many memories a good guy,
sadly missed.rc

rapman
4th Apr 2009, 09:37
I am very shocked to hear this sad news of Tyrone's passing...he was indeed a good mate of James back in the mid 90's. He used tell many a tale of Tyrone and his crazy antics.

R.I.P. "The Hood"

Karl Fletcher
6th Apr 2009, 16:06
Hello all,

I knew Tyrone, albeit for a short time.

Does anyone know if a memorial service in Aberdeen has been/is going to be arranged?

Would like to pay my respects formally.

Cheers.

Helipilot1982
6th Apr 2009, 16:17
The final arrangements have not been made yet!

maxvne
6th Apr 2009, 18:58
anyone know what the final cause of death was??

BrettJones
1st May 2009, 16:40
I came across the link when bored and searching for old friends. I lodged with his Mother, Iris, for 14 months from Oct 2000 to December 2001. I was working for a contracter to Phoenix Gas in Belfast. Tyrone was the light in his mothers life, his name was never far from her lips, and I had the privilege of meeting him a few times when he came to visit. I never really knew him, like you guys, but from what I did know he had time for everyone and always ready to share a joke. He made me feel comfortable and it was as if we had known each other for years, I guess thats the kind of warm humanbeing he was. Like other people have said in here he always had a smile on his face. I am shocked to hear of his parting and my thoughts are with his family.

andtho
1st Feb 2010, 16:07
Tyrone, forever in our hearts and thoughts.

10/10/1969 - 01/02/2009

relative
8th Aug 2010, 00:45
thank you so much for remembering
hard year especially for Iris and M and J
don't know who you are but thank you

Rowland23
14th Jun 2015, 17:27
Hello! I used to work with James at Oxford Aviation And he was a very good friend! I moved away from the UK 8 years ago to live in Australia however I think of my friend on a regular basis. I am coming back to the UK on the 20th June and I so want to visit my friend once more. I attended at Penton Village Hall with my wife but did not know where his final resting place was. I also lost details of his partner Melanie, Could anyone please send me further details so I can visit my friend once more.
Many Many Thanks.
My email
[email protected]