PDA

View Full Version : Spotters Paradise

zedder
3rd Feb 2009, 22:09
Much as I am normally one of the first to slag off 'spotters', a friend in the States sent me a link to some great photos from Fleetweek 08 in San Francisco. Following his link, I managed to find the Index Page for a photographer called Bernard Zee which leads to some great shots of a wide variety of military ac (both new and in some cases very old).

Some of the pictures of the Blue Angels should have any ex-Bucc mates remembering the odd beat-up!

BZ's SF Fleet Week '08 - Blue Angels page (http://home.comcast.net/~bzee1b/Fleetwk08/Blues_F18/Blues_F18.html)

wlshyd
4th Feb 2009, 11:12
Wow stunning pictures

K.Whyjelly
4th Feb 2009, 15:58
Call that low???????????????? Any 12 or 208 mates would have been looking up at the angel doing the "sneaky pass". And he would have been noisier and more environmentally unfriendly with loads of good old fashioned black smoke out the back pipes!!!

NutLoose
4th Feb 2009, 16:09
If you want LOW beat this if you can.......

IDjwdYflfM8

KeepItTidy
5th Feb 2009, 15:02
Them Blue Angels Photos are stunning , I never realised how good photography can get

amazing

racedo
5th Feb 2009, 15:16
Thanks for posting as it is stunning.

Was in SF in 98 and didn't realise it was fleet week BUT luckily we were there for the Blue Angels display.

Absolutely incredible setting.

Remember the scene when it finished as thousands of boats away from the city churning the water like crazy where 5 mins before all were becalmed,

zedder
6th Feb 2009, 06:53
Bump to the top for those that only get the Anoraks out at the weekend!