PDA

View Full Version : French lose the last ADA Jaguar during storm. BIG PICTURE

NutLoose
3rd Feb 2009, 20:45
Blimey!! double click on pic in link for full image, took it off here because of the size.

The Day After the Storm | G2 Solutions News Review (http://g2globalsolutions.com/review/?p=1058)

Compass Call
3rd Feb 2009, 21:01
No engines in it and probably no fuel. So wouldn't take very much to tip it over.

CC

BEagle
3rd Feb 2009, 21:01
Resized:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/nw969/Internet/jagA.jpg

Quelle horreur!

fingrin
3rd Feb 2009, 21:27
Ok, it may be a cat, but they didn't have to tie it to the lamppost.:E

taxydual
3rd Feb 2009, 21:34
It's strange, but, instantly, the story of the Greek Air Force Policeman and the F-16 pitot tube came to mind when I saw that photograph.

Notwithstanding the Jag being upside down.

Could this be the onset of Alkzeimer's?

newt
4th Feb 2009, 07:27
A new pitot probe and a couple of bits and it could be on the line by the end of the week!!

Bob Viking
4th Feb 2009, 17:21
It's not a good time to be a Jaguar. Wait till you see the new target at Pembrey!
BV:eek:

NoHoverstop
4th Feb 2009, 17:31
Looks like a fairly classic case: Sprawled upside down, tied to a lamp-post and with a broken nose, very sore head and only dim recollection of what must have been an epic night. Presumably there's a dressed-up Jaguar and a big batch of Jaguar relatives waiting at a church somewhere.

Fox3snapshot
5th Feb 2009, 00:25
Classic mate...love your work! :D :p

NutLoose
5th Feb 2009, 01:43
fingrinOk, it may be a cat, but they didn't have to tie it to the lamppost.http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/evil.gif

I always looked on it as a bit like putting a wheel clamp on a Lada, the Lada is simply there to stop anyone stealing the wheel clamp.:rolleyes:

nacluv
5th Feb 2009, 08:56
Nah - I'm not buying it - the story, that is.

No visible scuffs in the turf; no marks whatsoever on the 'frame - not even mud/grass. The tyres look clean - not like they have been dragged sideways through the grass before flipping over. Even the canopy look completely intact. If it had been blown over and it landed on the canopy, surely it would have suffered? The pitot looks to be the sole casualty.

I reckon it is one of those trick or treat stunts - like turning someone's car round sideways between two buildings so it's impossible to drive out. Only more difficult...

Jig Peter
5th Feb 2009, 14:43
The wind that day at Toulouse/Blagnac reached 87 kts - at Bordeaux earlier they had 94 kts and later at Perpignan 103 kts. Locally they call it "the 10-year storm".
The Jaguar seems to have actually been "airborne" and done a half-roll before ending up where it did, because it was usually on a hard-standing.
Years ago there used also to be a Vautour doing gate-guardian duty, but it's a long time since I passed that way (to eat at Le Cantou, over which you could/can "count the rivets" as aircraft landed - almost "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe" : some people's universe anyway).
These are/were appropriate gate-guards, as the Vautour was a SNCASO (South-West Aircraft and therefore local) product, while the Jaguar was the last Breguet product, built at Toulouse before being absorbed by the dreaded Dassault (shades of Bristol and RR?). The old Jaguar line building now houses A320-series products, so isn't lying idle.
Hope they get the Jag back on its boots (and tie it down securely before the next "ten-year storm), if they haven't already done so.
:8

KeepItTidy
5th Feb 2009, 15:04
Well If that was the RAF , it would be a quick ADF (Tail dunted but within acceptable limits) ,back on the line ready for the nexts days program :ok:

ix_touring
7th Feb 2009, 15:34
I thought cats always landed the right way up?

... mines the snow proof jacket.

Thaihawk
9th Feb 2009, 17:05
IIRC,it was Mirage F.1s being delivered to the Iraqi Air Force transiting Kalamata in Greece in the early eighties,and this caused a diplomatic incident as Iraq receiving Mirages at the time was not meant to be public knowlege.

Red faces all round and a spell in the punishment block for the Greek Air Force guard no doubt ensued as a result of this.

bigsmelly
9th Feb 2009, 17:17
The more i look at it the more it screams photoshop.
lighting looks wrong.

badpuppy
2nd Aug 2013, 19:23
It's only a full sized Plastic model aircraft, used as a Gate Guard. :ok:

Capt Scribble
3rd Aug 2013, 18:56
Without the lsaer nose, it looks a bit different to the standard Brit.

ShyTorque
3rd Aug 2013, 19:46
Possibly the only time a Jag took off without relying on the curvature of the earth!

VinRouge
3rd Aug 2013, 20:28
If my current fleet are anything to go by, a bit of speed tape and "she'll do a trip"!

jumpseater
3rd Aug 2013, 20:54
bs
The more i look at it the more it screams photoshop.
lighting looks wrong.

The more I look at that quote above the more I realise the people talk out of their bums and assume anything 'odd' is photoshop.

The lighting is right, (but I only do photography not photoshop) as are the other bits of the jaguar that indicate its upside down.

Tying it to a lamp post after the event does seem a little horse/gate/bolt user interface error.

Typical Froggie installation art, upside down jags are sooo last year
Nose view, It's an upside down Jaguar fighter plane. | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/maggiejones/4757112166/lightbox/)

ZH875
3rd Aug 2013, 21:50
This is what happens when a Jag jockey tries the Tornado GR4 backflip manoeuvre.

uffington sb
3rd Aug 2013, 21:53
Why no pins, flags or blanks?

MightyGem
3rd Aug 2013, 22:37
It's only a full sized Plastic model aircraft, used as a Gate Guard.
Thanks. Been wondering about that for the past 4 years. :hmm:

Rhino power
3rd Aug 2013, 23:34
Tying it to a lamp post after the event does seem a little horse/gate/bolt user interface error.

It isn't tied to the lamp post (why on earth would it be in the first place?!), the arrestor hook is, or rather was, being supported by a piece of rope tied around it, its quite clear in the original hi-res image...

-RP

jumpseater
3rd Aug 2013, 23:57
(why on earth would it be in the first place?!),
Search me mate, probably a 50 shades of grey thing :uhoh:

Dan Winterland
4th Aug 2013, 03:28
Must have been some wind. Jaguars barely produced enough lift - even at 400 knots.

SASless
4th Aug 2013, 05:03
Why would a Jag need an Arrestor Hook....they are slow enough as it is are they not?

sitigeltfel
4th Aug 2013, 06:38
Kitty wants a tummy rub.