PDA

View Full Version : urgent:salary for ppl Instructor in UAE

KFTW
3rd Feb 2009, 17:45
Hi,

Please anyone let me know that what is the salary for PPL Instructor in UAE.It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
KFTW

Grass strip basher
4th Feb 2009, 04:29
To be honest there are so few flying schools in the UAE I would be amazed if you could find a job. Plus I believe it is a different syllabus to the UK (I could be wrong but I know you cannot fly here without converting a UK PPL).

The cost of living out here is also terrifying (London prices). Maybe try posting in the Middle East forum but unless you know of a specific school (and there are only 1 or 2 in the whole country) that will offer you a job I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

Also remember that summer start here in a couple of months and it is pretty much impossible to fly GA from May till end September because it is c50 degrees C. Although it cools down to a pleasent 40 degrees C at night.

Feel free to PM me if you want any more details.

abhi88
4th Feb 2009, 06:39
Please anyone let me know that what is the salary for PPL Instructor in UAE.It would be greatly appreciated.

Is it Emirates aviation club in dubai or Um al quwain aero club? Iam not sure about the present situation in both of these clubs, but the pay should be in between 6-10K AED for PPL instructors..

gipsy moth
4th Feb 2009, 14:30
As I posted a instructor is needed in Umm Alqwuain. I'd say that to have some decent life style in UAE you need at list 15K dh

K.Whyjelly
4th Feb 2009, 16:29
If you have the right level of experience this might be of interest.............

Fixed Wing Flight Instructor - 200337158 - Flight Jobs (http://www.flightglobal.com/jobs/job/fixed-wing-flight-instructor-united-arab-emirates-200337158.htm)

KFTW
5th Feb 2009, 16:22
Hi,

Please guys,I am stuck in middle.Have job with around 13000pound/year freelancer and offered job with 24000 pound/year salary(include allowances)in UAE.If accept i have to leave my family behind.Is 24000 enough for ppl Instructor?I would like to hear from Instructor working in UAE.

KFTW

Reluctant737
5th Feb 2009, 17:10
KFTW,

The answer to your question is yes, it is :ok:

OneIn60rule
6th Feb 2009, 08:18
Don't you get a lot TAX free? Tax free income etc?

That was the attraction of being up there.

I'd say go.

1/60

poss
6th Feb 2009, 12:59
That will all be tax free however even with tax free is it enough to live out there, as someone mentioned the cost of living can be quite high!