PDA

View Full Version : LGCIU 1+2 fault & abnormal LG landing

Boroda
3rd Feb 2009, 13:05
Is it wise to use Abnormal LG landing QRH procedure after double LGCIU failure (LGCIU 1 is not electrically connected, so no indication)? If it is reasonable:
1. Is it wise to fly low pass?
2. How do we have to fullfill some sections of this procedure with IF conditions (and no condition for unknown LG position at all).

Boroda
6th Feb 2009, 16:31
So, nobody knows... And Airbus politely avoids recommendetions after such a fault.

Mephistopheles
6th Feb 2009, 20:59
I personally would do as much of the abnormal landing gear checklist as practical. As to doing a low fly-by seems pretty pointless to me since they can only really advise you that the gear APPEARS down & also when were we last trained to fly down a r/w level at 100'?

TyroPicard
7th Feb 2009, 20:31
You don't need to fly as low as 100 feet - they have binoculars in the tower.

Mephistopheles
7th Feb 2009, 22:43
TyroPicard I guess they could use them as long as it's during the day or good vis. Also Airbuses do not have any visual downlock indications visible from inside or outside the a/c. So I still do not see the point of doing a low pass over the r/w.

Bolty McBolt
9th Feb 2009, 01:45
Is it wise to use Abnormal LG landing QRH procedure after double LGCIU failure (LGCIU 1 is not electrically connected, so no indication)? If it is reasonable:

To have no gear down indication you need a triple failure on the A330/340
If one LGCIU fails the other LGCIU takes over control, and a diminished gear/door indication is shown on the SD page, if the remaining LGCIU fails you will still have gear down indication via a hard wired circuit inside LGCIU in the #1 position., even if the LGCIU 1 is failed. This indication circuit is still powered to provide the 3 gear indication triangles adjacent the gear lever.

LGCIU 1 is not electrically connected?
Do you mean not fitted to the rack..
In my fleet LGCIU #1 must be operating, ..The only MEL/DDG relief is for LGCIU 2.

As far as fly past to check gear down, ??????

Boroda
10th Feb 2009, 08:14
Bolty,

sorry - I did not mentioned my type - it is Airbus, but 320.
So gears are not hard wired to indication and we have only two LGCIUs. Yes, in some failures it could be indications, but not for sure. I take the worst situation and wonder.

Thanks for responses