PDA

View Full Version : Sarasota to Orlando

effortless
3rd Feb 2009, 08:35
My mate's wife has a conference in Florida later in the year. She wants to visit a friend in Sarasota. She has a lift there but getting back to Orlando for her flight home is a nightmare. Any ideas?

Ta Eff

BackPacker
3rd Feb 2009, 10:17
I have done Orlando to Kissimmee (near Orlando) and back. In a rental car. About a three hour drive, as I recall.

That sort of distance will not be handled by a commercial/scheduled air operator and public transport in the USA for that sort of trips is, well, virtually nonexistent. So I don't think you've got much choice than to go by road. That means a rental or a taxi.

polohippo
3rd Feb 2009, 11:21
I do this trip on a regular basis as my parents live in Sarasota and car is the best option, it's really easy as are there are only a few turns, you can get a 1 way rental with a tank of fuel thrown in and all the insurances pretty cheap. I use either Airline Network or Yes Car Hire with the platinum package. Hope this helps.

B2N2
3rd Feb 2009, 21:02
Could try a charter flight with Air Orlando:
Aircraft Charter Orlando Florida Aircraft Charter Orlando FL Aircraft Charter (http://tenncomgroup.com/aoc/index.htm)

No idea about prices though.....

effortless
4th Feb 2009, 19:10
Thanks for replies, all passed on. Ta!