PDA

View Full Version : Safe Search

henry crun
2nd Feb 2009, 21:09
Windows Explorer 7. Last night I clicked on Tools/Internet Options/Delete/ then in turn deleted Files/Cookies/History. I have done this quite often in the past, and knew that the Preferences would have returned to Default.
In the past I have always been able to change the Preferences to Do Not Filter etc, but not any longer

This morning I wanted to do an Image search, so under Preferences I selected "Do not filter my search results", clicked on Save Preferences, and returned to the image search.
But nothing has changed, "Moderate Safesearch is on" is still showing, and no matter how many times I try and change it, it continues to return to the default state.

Then I went to Advanced Image Search, changed the preference to "No Filtering", and that will stay selected, but only in Advanced.

Can anyone suggest a reason why my preference will not stay selected in ordinary Image Search ?

hellsbrink
3rd Feb 2009, 07:30
Probably not saving cookies, at a guess

oldalbion
3rd Feb 2009, 11:49
I had this problem of Google preferences failing to save.

All had been well for the last month or so on my new computer where I had ben able to save preferences without any issue.

Then in the last couple of weeks I began to delete cache and cookies (as a bit of a space saving and housekeeping thought) and shortly after this it seemed Google suddenly stopped allowing me to save preferences and the safe search off would always divert back to moderate search.

I read up on possible solutions and nothing I found seemed to solve the issue.

Last night I shut off my modem and then turned it back on (effectively resetting it) this morning I can modify search preferences in Google so this may have solved things.

Hope this helps.

henry crun
3rd Feb 2009, 17:59
Thanks for the suggestions.

This morning, without having altered a thing, my preferences will now save. :confused:

whiz
5th Feb 2009, 11:31
Perhaps the PC didnt like the content of your search Mr Crun ;)