PDA

View Full Version : Brady Jet Rule Mk3

Jucky
2nd Feb 2009, 20:48
Tried to post on one of the older threads about this subject, but they are locked! Does anybody have any up to date info on where I can get hold of one? I phoned the company in Weymouth that made them but nobody there could help me. A google search just throws up old threads on this site and the Bradyrule website doesn't seem to work.

5 Forward 6 Back
2nd Feb 2009, 21:45
Might not help, but I last bought one from the admin office on 208 a few years ago. They had a stock of them tucked away, but I don't know if they'd sell them to anyone not on the squadron. Might be worth a call if you're completely stuck though?

4mastacker
3rd Feb 2009, 07:35
Jucky, you might like to have a word with one of your friends on the Harrier force. I raised a couple of LPOs for them a few years ago as they weren't available through service sources. Unfortunately, the mists of time have clouded my memory in respect of the details of the company.

Brin.Giton
3rd Mar 2009, 18:01
I saw some on 208 recently. Ring the adjutant there :)

Talk Reaction
4th Mar 2009, 12:19
Definitely available from 208.

advocatusDIABOLI
4th Mar 2009, 14:39
Funny, how in this 'Digital', 'Glass Cockpit', 'Paperless Environment', 'Network-Centric' world, these little gems are still sought after. Mr Brady must be very pleased with himself!!! Does anybody know the famous Flt Lt Brady?

Advo

highveldtdrifter
4th Mar 2009, 19:52
Advo,

I went through training with Rog Brady at Cranwell in the late 70s. There were primitive'jet rulers' available in Flight Planning but non that really fit the bill. We used to cut down Nav Rulers to pocket size and customize them as required. Rog saw the gap in the market. I think he went on to the Buccaneer Force after that, then Cathay??

HVD

Zurg
4th Mar 2009, 22:20
I'll point him in the direction of this thread.

rogerbrady
4th Mar 2009, 22:46
Sorry everyone - Bradyrules are still available! My website died years ago. They still go by word of mouth, mainly. I occasionally send batches of them to customers world-wide but the demand is erratic. I can send anyone a one-off for 30 Euros but I'm in Australia right now and they are at my place in Germany. (They are manufactured in Germany and retailed by BHL in Weymouth). Email me at [email protected]. I'll be able to post them to anyone who needs them at the end on March. Thanks for the recommendations, fellas. Glad they are still popular. I now work for NCA, by the way. Roger.

Talk Reaction
5th Mar 2009, 13:13
:D Many thanks Roger for getting me through numerous rapid plans with (mostly) the right numbers on my map!! Just actually replaced mine after 12 years (numbers finally faded off) because HAMPA hates me :mad: