PDA

View Full Version : CPL/IR Instructor bonding

YorkshireT
2nd Feb 2009, 18:13
I am a PPL instructor looking to move to CPL/IR instructing and was hoping to find out from guys who have made this jump whether its best to self fund or find a school that will bond (if there are any?).
I need 25P1 ME hrs, removal of no night/no applied instruments and MEClass rating Instructor.
I'm looking at 10k in the UK(approx), maybe a bit less if done in the states but would rather be bonded.
Anybody been through this?
Cheers

GASH !
2nd Feb 2009, 19:47
I would always advise to try and go for the bond if available especialy in the current market. I did this 3 years ago. 2 year bond, monthly reducing for the 30 hours P1 and the MEP CRI course. It worked out well for me. I can't really see the advantage of forking out for it yourself.

polohippo
2nd Feb 2009, 21:40
I'm in the same situation as you although I wouldn't want to be tied down with a bond in case something came up.

The cost of the Multi hours is the big one. The best 2 deals I've seen are Aircraft Grouping in Blackpool with the DA42 which for the 25 hrs works out at £170hr WET although not sure if this is VAT inc as despite 3 calls to them I can't get anyone to call me back!

Or Donair at East Midlands which would suit me best with a Seneca 2 for £228hr WET (Block Rate) inc home landing fees although I haven't put a call into them yet!

Don't know if you've looked at these but could be worth a try, and let me know if you have any luck!