PDA

View Full Version : Training for tests!

fabbe92
2nd Feb 2009, 17:23
Hello! I am wondering if their is any way to train yourself for the mental tests for the class 1 medical? I mean the simultanious capacity and memory and such things?

Thanks!

Frankly Mr Shankly
2nd Feb 2009, 17:30
Ehhh??? The what?

Ah, the Doc is seeing if you're really thinking of training for this game right now. Then he'll certify you mental........:)

wheelbrace
2nd Feb 2009, 17:33
The only thing I can think of is to take your brain with you... As I recall, the only mental test was to shine a light in your ear - light out the other side and you're only issued a class II.

Someone has been jerking your chain, I fear!

preduk
2nd Feb 2009, 17:33
I think you need to do a bit more research young one!

irishone
2nd Feb 2009, 17:40
Mental tests for the medical.....haha....****e! I must have the wrong class 1! :)

fabbe92
2nd Feb 2009, 18:01
I am not good at saying it in english. I mean psychological tests.

Frankly Mr Shankly
2nd Feb 2009, 18:04
From what I remember there are none. I stand to be corrected but not that I know of.

L'aviateur
2nd Feb 2009, 18:06
I wasn't asked to perform any Pyschological tests when I went for my Class 1 at Gatwick; and haven't as yet heard of anyone else requiring this. Although you will find lots of information on the Class 1 medical in the Medical and Health section.

JohnRayner
2nd Feb 2009, 18:14
Nope, no psychological tests. At Gatwick:

Nice lady tested my wee.

Nice lady did my ECG

The same nice lady did my Pulmonary Function Tests

And my audiometry.

AND my blood sugar, haemoglobin and cholesterol

A nice bloke checked my eyes (the longest bit)

And then a nice doc gave me a once over (no finger/ bum interaction I recall, but there was a funny ether smell in the room...)

Oh, and who can forget the VERY NICE people who took 300 quid off me!?

And if you look at the above, you can see that there's nothing you can train yourself for, you'll either get a medical, or you won't.

Good luck!

fabbe92
2nd Feb 2009, 18:23
I have applied for a flight school. And they have informed me well that in order to start their training you need to pass the class1 medical as well as one day of psychological tests. Sorry if I didnīt explain well.

You get the medical but then you have to pass the schools psychological tests.

Cheers:ok:

preduk
2nd Feb 2009, 18:35
Your psychological test isn't anything to do with your medical, it's done by the specific flight training organisation and they do differ.

You would be better contacting the FTO to see what they recommend for practise, although it's not something you can practise you are either good at it or you aren't.

Whirlygig
2nd Feb 2009, 18:52
They are standard psychometric tests - google them and practice online. However, since you won't know the score and type they are looking for, you can't pass or fail. You are you and you can't hide it so no point practicing.

The other tests (compass tests - google it) will be maths, physics, spatial awareness and co-ordination. The first two you can revise, the second two are harder. Keep playing the flight sim.

Of course, if you fail the tests, the school will tell you you have no aptitude for being a pilot. That is probably cobblers and you can always follow the modular route.

Cheers

Whirls

fabbe92
2nd Feb 2009, 18:54
Yes but if I fali the tests it means that I will not pass the airlines tests. Not that I am planning to fail tough:=

Frankly Mr Shankly
2nd Feb 2009, 18:55
Oooooh sh!t Whirls, think you may just be (inadvertantly) opening a can of worms there, put yer tin hat on :)

Whirlygig
2nd Feb 2009, 18:56
Sorry Frankly, you're right. I thought some may have grown up since the last pasting :}

Cheers

Whirls

preduk
2nd Feb 2009, 19:12
Have a shot of this:

APST IPAS (http://www.nitex.nl/apst/)

It will give you an idea of what they are looking for, if you don't meet the standards, forget going integrated.

If you really want to know if you are good enough, GAPAN have a test that can help give you an idea it costs a lot less than a 70k loan for training that you could fail.

fabbe92
2nd Feb 2009, 19:13
Does the airlines have apptitude tests? Canīt you just answer this simpel question without begining again? Mocking me and saying that I have grown up. I just have one question. Does the airlines have apptitude tests?

Never mind I will check with the airlines myself so you guys donīt begin pushing me around again.

Frankly Mr Shankly
2nd Feb 2009, 19:37
Calm down dear, it's only PPrune.

Yes some airlines do have aptitude tests, some dont.

Celtic Pilot
2nd Feb 2009, 20:14
stict to playing tetris level 10,,,you'll fly through them then......lol...seriously just go in and do it, if they say you fail, it just means you cant enter their specific course, just go modular, it doesnt mean you cant be a pilot... dont take it sooo serious!!!

:D

fabbe92
3rd Feb 2009, 15:22
What happens if you do bad at this test? Does it mean goodby to leading airlines and integrated and sponsored training?

I am about to take the test now.

corsair
3rd Feb 2009, 15:42
I don't know what flying school you are applying to but frankly most of them are simply there for show, to give the impression that their product is only for the very best. In effect it's marketing hype. In that situation you will pass easily unless you are complete twit. What happens then is that you are told you have passed, now sign here and hand over the money.

Now some flying schools do take these tests seriously, but again you have to remember it's for their benefit not yours. They use them to screen out potential failures or people who might take longer to train, because they want to maintain their pass rates. This is important to them in order to maintain their reputation as a 'good' school. Which helps with future students and airlines looking for a training partner. This is particularly true of certain integrated schools with 'First Officer type training courses'.

It's all smoke and mirrors and salesmanship.

So Fabbe, don't worry about the test, you'll probably pass easily. If you don't either try again or find another school. These tests are mostly of no consequence. If you 'fail' it doesn't mean you'll never be a pilot. Don't worry too much about it.

As for airlines, some do as well. I know Aer Lingus even test experienced Captains. It's crazy but there you are.

Just imagine the scene, a tearful Captain being handed a tissue. 'I'm sorry Captain you haven't met the high standard we expect here in Aer Lingus but I'm sure an ex Concorde Captain like you can find work somewhere. Have you tried Ryanair? They'll take anyone.':E

ford cortina
3rd Feb 2009, 16:11
Fabbe, stop worrying, you have lots of time to prepare for interviews, Psyc tests are just a very small part of some of them.

fabbe92
3rd Feb 2009, 16:14
Okey. Cause that is what I was woried about. That I come to BA for example with my 8000 hours and fail the apptitude test.

For your information I have applied to the Scandinavian Aviation Academys upper secondary school program (gives you education and CPL/NQ/150 hour)

Talked to a student there and he said that more than half of the applicants fail on the psychological test.

Oh well I am 16 years old. Maybe I am not ready yet for the big apptitude tests like the serious schools have.:ok:

fabbe92
5th Feb 2009, 20:33
I did the IPAS test and it was not to good. You can get:

Unsatisfactory Satisfactory Good Excellent

I got two good, one unsatisfactory (math) and the rest satisfactory.

Just checking here now, since these results where no Einstein results should I apply for programs like OAA, CTC Cadett or Ethiad Cadett?

I mean is it worht applying for a AB INITIO program with these results? Does these results mean I will probably fail the apptitude tests?

Because I can still go to this school here in Sweden which gives you CPL for free.

So no arguments here now. I want to go Integrated. And I have the Swedish school as plan B. But if you guys think that this IPAS test shows that I will not enter the big Integrated programs, I will directly go for the Swedish school.

It is upper secondary school level so the tests there are not so hard.

preduk
5th Feb 2009, 22:38
It doesn't mean the end of the world, but what it does mean is you're not as good as you think you are and you shouldn't have been so cockey to other members of the forum.

If you are that dedicated to joining and integrated courses I would recommend always doing their selection anyway and see how you get on.

fabbe92
6th Feb 2009, 12:30
Yeah but the thing is that If i donīt start in this free school in a few months. My shot is gone. So if I know that I can make the OAA tests I will waite. If I know that it is impossible, I will emediatley jump on the free school.

That was the reason for me asking if my score on the IPAS showed that I donīt have a high chanche of getting in to OAA/CTC/FTE

SW1
6th Feb 2009, 12:42
Fabbe, I woldnt worry too much about the IPAS thing. If you're looking to apply to any of the integrated providers- I would highly recommend you looking at this link.

Get a Head for the Sky - Airline Interview Preparation (http://getaheadforthesky.com/)

It is tailored for students applying to cadet schemes and is broken down into 4 phases ( Sound familiar) each one detailing what you can expect from Application through aptitude tests to interview and finally sim check.

Have a look....

fabbe92
6th Feb 2009, 13:19
Look I will start at the OAA, CTC, EFT etc in 2-3 years. But since I want to know now if I can get in. Is it possible to do the apptitude tests allready now?

bajadj
6th Feb 2009, 13:28
why dont you email them?

SW1
6th Feb 2009, 13:38
Thats a good idea as well. Or you could go and get the GAPAN test that will surely give you an insight into what is involved.

Either way I cant answer youre impulsive, what if questions in 3 years or so, we dont know whats going to happen 3 months down the line, so go do some research of you're own and stop expecting quick answers just from here.

Ps. Why dont you speak to Daria, as I think he's youre twin.....

corsair
6th Feb 2009, 15:32
One thing to remember before having too much of a go at Fabbe is that he's 16 years old. Remember when you were sixteen? A year from now is a long time for him, ten years is a lifetime. Impatience is normal.

That's what I would say to you Fabbe and all you teenagers out there, two years time you'll be 18, in four years time you'll be 20, six years 22. That's 2013. By then you will still be very young. (Which is more than I can say for myself.)

There is no hurry to do anything, right now you may very well fail the tests. Which I suspect will devastate you as you seem quite exciteable. In a couple of years you will have matured a bit and be better placed to pass them. Take your time. These tests prove nothing. They are either a filter for some schools and airlines to pick people to fit in with their idea of what they want from a pilot.

The most honest comment I've seen on these tests is on the Qantas website for the cadet program. Typical straight talking Aussies.

The Cadet selection process is highly competitive, and failure to be selected does not necessarily mean that you do not have the potential to become a competent pilot and a successful direct entry applicant at some future date

The same is true of any airline.

Don't worry about missing opportunities. Opportunities are like buses, you miss one but there's alway another on the way.

If you want to do the test, do so by all means. But at your age they're pretty meaningless. You should concentrate on your education and developing yourself into a well rounded, sociable person. Because strangely enough, apart from the competencies. The one thing airline recruiters look for is a well balanced person who they would be comfortable sharing a flight deck with. If anything that is the clincher.

Right now you come across on the internet as a bit of pain and just a little arrogant. If you're like that in real life, that will hold you back. I have a feeling though that the real you is a bit different. Well as much as a teenager can be a normal person:ok: I remember, how bad I was as a teenager.:ugh: People's internet persona can often be very different from their real one.

You have plenty of time. There is no rush or panic. A few years from now, you'll wonder what the fuss was about.

fabbe92
6th Feb 2009, 15:40
Everyone hates me online since I ask stupid questions and I seem arogant and stuborn. But I swear on my christian faith that I am not like that IRL. I am a very social guy IRL and all the people likes me and I like them:ok:

Rj111
6th Feb 2009, 17:13
I'm going to hijack this thread and ask how quickly you can typically get an initial class 1 booked. The school told me to get my class 2 ASAP for my first solo (:E).

Anyway i have a week off work next week so i thought i would book a class 2 (because i'm going to get a PPL regardless of whether i can go all the way or not, and it probably won't be a year till i pass my PPL anyway). It can be done next week but it's going to cost Ģ220 :eek: ergo, not much less than an initial class 1 - and presumably it doesn't feature the heavily coveted finger up the bum scan :(.

So i figured i might as well go for the Class 1 if i can get it this week. I rang LGW medical centre but i just missed the closing time for the phone line and it's closed over the weekend, so i wondered if any of you lot would know how quickly you can typically get a booking for a class 1?

Potential thanks in advance. :)

Celtic Pilot
6th Feb 2009, 20:13
FABBE,, ur only 16, i spent god knows how many years researching schools and schemes, in the mean time i went to uni and completed my ppl. (and i still yet havent found a FREE CPL thats for sure anywhere) I did the Flybe sponsorship tests, they werent to bad, but after 4 times of trying I finally succeeded, so dont just give up after the first round but if you do, then you didnt really want it in the first place.

NOW ENDthis whole debate, and do some researching fabbe of your own, it will benefit you more, and go to a school thats suits you, not the schools with fancy booklets with nice looking picture in them just cause you like them.

RJIII - I reckon you can have a medical within two weeks of enquiring at the moment. Dont do a class two if you have the intention of gaining a class 1 soon, (waste on money) expect around Ģ300 or so for it.

fabbe92
6th Feb 2009, 20:35
I donīt care how the websit looks. I care about the reputation and the hired statistics:)

But anyway this thread was about training for tests. So lets not start this which school is better again.

Lets go back to the training for test topic thanks!

cheers:ok:

hollingworthp
6th Feb 2009, 21:16
You can brush up your Maths by practicing mental arithmetic - something which has been lacking in UK schools since I were a lad so not sure if this is something you get taught much in Scandanavia.

There are plenty of websites out there with mental maths problems of a practical nature which will also help you with your flying to some degree (i.e., burning fuel at 14 gals per hour with 40 gals, what is your endurance)

sollas
7th Feb 2009, 16:14
have a look at www.cockpitweb.com (http://www.cockpitweb.com) they offer software, at a cost, that should allow you to practice aptitude tests, numerical reasoning and psychometric tests similar to what you might expect from the airlines.

www.pilapt.com (http://www.pilapt.com) will show you the types of tests you may come across but you can not practice them on line.

Or you could look up pprune under pilapt to see if others have explained it better for your given flight school.

Hope this helps.

sollas

White Otter
7th Feb 2009, 17:54
And for the hand eye coordination play some games (especially Flight Simulator if you've got it).

P.S. I did those tests got 1 excellent, two good and two satisfactory (i.e. not too difficult for you to achieve with a bit of practice) and I found the CTC tests to be preety easy (though I later messed up the interview but thats another story).

fabbe92
7th Feb 2009, 18:50
This is how I did on the IPAS test,

the scores are unsatisfactory, satisfactory, good and excellent

BALL GAME: satisfactory

TOTAL RECALL: good

MATH: satisfactory

WINGS AND THINGS: excellent

BINGO: good

score: 3914

Now this result wouldnīt had let me into OAA or CTC today right?

White Otter
7th Feb 2009, 19:14
Well you're maths is imroving which is good and as I said the ball game one is quite easy to improve IMO, you're recall was better than mine (I thought I did awful at that but somehow got satisfactory). With CTC they have a maths test seperately (though I have heard them waving it for somebody who failed it but had a PPL), you have the ball game, wings and something similar to the bingo and then one other thing which combines the hand eye coordination, numbers counting down (have to push a button when the sequence changes) and bingo all combined into a 3 in 1 overloader test (which is quite difficult TBH).

I don't know their specific marking criteria (and they don't tell you how well you're doing for most of the tests) but just keep working at it.

P.S. I also feel obliged to mention that that school sounds to good to be true and if you've checked it out then thats what I'd go for no doubt.

Celtic Pilot
7th Feb 2009, 19:18
fabbe

you are only 16 years of age,,, why are you getting so uptight about these tests. You will pass them when required to, you will be a more mature person in years to come, so just concentrate on the main area of acedemics in school.

this thread is pointless!!!!!

fabbe92
7th Feb 2009, 20:07
One thing that you guys need to understand (if you do understand this you will stop saying that I am only 16 years old) is this,

Oxford is still 3-4 years away. But this free school I am talking about. The only intake is in the 2nd year of the upper secondary school. Which means that my shot is in august this year (2009). If I decide not to go there, then the only option left are the ab inito programs like OAA (because modular is the last way out for me). So it would be nice to know now if I can enter OAA, CTC etc in 4 years because if I decide not to begin at the free school in agust, that chance is gone. So if I donīt enter OAA, CTC etc then I will probably regret not taking this shot.

So you get it now? I canīt make the choice of how I am going to start my career and life, in 3 years. I have to decide right now.

:ok:

Swinglow
7th Feb 2009, 21:07
What fabbe92 is talking about is that in Sweden we have two public schools which have an combined natural science/commercial pilot programme.

The programme is state sponsored an you will get CPL/SE/NQ and 150h (more if you need it.), all for free. The schools accepts applications from the whole country and anyone who has finished the first (aged 16) of three years at the natural science programme or the technical programme (the two most accademic demanding upper secondary programmes in Sweden) can apply.

The first phase of the selection is based on your previous grades, and if you make the first cut you are called to and assessment in Stockholm. This include psychometric tests, interviews and a medical class 1. Things the assessment people look at specialy is maturity, because if you make it throu selection you are expected not only to cope with regular school, flight school, but also to move away from home at the age of 16,17 years to your own appartment with every things that comes with that. The final phase is an ranking and 70-80 highest ranked students are offered to start training.

As you can guess it's highly competitive to get in. I don't have an exact number of how many that apply every year, but I have heard anything from 400 up to 900.

/Ex student

White Otter
7th Feb 2009, 23:20
Yes but if you go to the free school you can always decide to go to Oxford, etc later if it doesn't work out whereas the other way is a no go.

bajadj
7th Feb 2009, 23:34
Please decide right now and stop spamming up this forum with your constant and tedious drivel. You clearly have no capacity to make any kind of decision yourself, which is a shame, because that is EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO DO AS A PILOT.

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

JohnRayner
7th Feb 2009, 23:35
So it would be nice to know now if I can enter OAA, CTC etc in 4 yearsWouldn't it just? That level of prescience would also probably win it's owner any lottery you might care to mention.

But this free school I am talking aboutIs that free flight training? Upto fATPL level? Seriously? Ģ50k+ of commercial flight training provided by your state for free?

If the above is true, why wouldn't you go for it? I mean, I read an earlier post of yours that states you would only plump for the free school if you had no chance of making the grade for e.g. OAA.

I don't understand why you'd pass up the opportunity to get all that training for free in exchange for spending Ģ100k at in integrated FTO.

I'm not sure about this bit (corrections gratefully received) but if you commercially trained for free, then went off and "had a life" for a bit, while paying to keep licenses and ratings current, would it not be quite a few years before you spent the equivalent of what the training might have cost in the first place, especially somewhere like OAA?

Regards

JR

JohnRayner
7th Feb 2009, 23:43
that is EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO DO AS A PILOT.

Isn't it though?

The alternative theory is that a decision has been made, and our young friend is casting around hoping for someone to tell him he's doing the right thing.

Like, I get the impression he might seriously be considering passing up free training (if such does indeed exist), in exchange for training at the shiny schools, based on his subsequent likelihood of flying for BA et al.

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

JR

Adios
8th Feb 2009, 00:21
Fabbe92,

Let me see if I have this right. In August 2009, you can take a Class 1 Medical and a Psychometric test to hopefully get onto a state run school for free. The course will get you a PPL, night rating and 150 hours total time and it won't cost you anything. Is this correct?

Now to help you hear what people have been saying. You will probably grow up enough in four years to pass OAA or CTC's assessment, at least for self-sponsoring students. Quite a few people here think you have little chance of passing them now because of immaturity. By the way, you can't take them until you are 17 or 18.

Have you ever called or written to OAA or CTC? What sort of advice did they give you? How do you plan to pay for either of their courses, since their banks only lend to UK residents? The free option gets you about 1/3 of the way down the modular route. The remaining parts will cost you about 1/3 of what OAA or CTC will want.

To get back to your question on psychometric tests, have you tried Googling the word? How about looking on Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more (http://www.amazon.com) for books on psychometric testing for pilots? There are dozens of them.

They should not be called tests though, because there aren't any right and wrong answers. All they are trying to do is get insight into your personality.

Here's an online one you can take, but it is not aviation related. It will give you an idea what they are like. Just taking one should help you unwind a bit, as you will realize they are nothing to worry about.

Personality Test - Keirsey Temperament Website (http://www.keirsey.com) - Look for the free Temperament Sorter.

Celtic Pilot
8th Feb 2009, 11:44
all of the above comments are excellent, so FABBE read them carefully, understand them and make your own decision, no-one has the right to tell you what to do in life so make up you own mind which is best for you.

This whole '''free'' thing im not too sure i believe or there would be hundreds applying. Go to a local flying club where there will be pilots and ask them face-to-face '''what their advice would be??'''

if this is a representation of the way your personanlity is in the group assessments or interviews (which you will find much tougher than these so called tests) then i believe that the FTO will see right through you.

A key comment made above regarding the decision making is VERY important. If you show an FTO any reason that you are unable to make a decision yourself quickly then I dont hold much hope for you at all. Hesitation is the last thing you want to show an FTO in selection, its all about confidence in yourself and your ability.

so hopefully to end this painstaking thread, read all of the above comments by John Rayner, badjaj, and adios, all very well constructed posts for your question.

fabbe92
8th Feb 2009, 14:09
I didnīt want to bring this up again. I just said why I want to train now for the tests!

For you guys that donīt know.

It is a school where everything is paid by the swedish government. You go to a normal school and learn normal subjects but 2 days a week (monday, tuesday) tou study aviation. So the normal education is paid by the state. The flight training is payd by the state and the ones ho operate the training are Scandinavian Aviation Academy. www.bfsaa.se (http://www.bfsaa.se) . So you get the same teachers and training as the ones att SAA.

What you get at this school is, CPL, 150 hours, NQ and you learn to fly with glass instruments and you learn to fly with gear raiesd up.

So this is what you get if you go to this school.

After the 2 years, 30% of the students will be selected to come and train with SAA and gain ME/IR, ATPL, MCC and everything you need to be a airliner pilot, FOR FREE!!!. So these guys get from 0 hours to type rating for free. (not the tr tough!) For the other 70% there is the same training. But they have to pay 2300 euro for the ME/IR etc.

So its free. This is good. But you have grades in the CPL subjects and since I will have so many subjects to learn, the grades will not be as good as if i do my cpl after upper secondary education.

The fact is that some of these graduates gets a job with Ryanair. But the majority of the graduates are working as flight instructors now (2-3 years after graduation).

I donīt want to work as a flight instructor for 2-3 years I want the best chance to get a job on an airline. And 90% of OAAs graduates, gets a job on an airline. All the people who have gone to this school, lives and works in Sweden or Scandinavia. I donīt want that. I want to live and fly in the UK, Germany, Belgium whatever. And the fact is that many of the graduates from OAA now works for big airlines. They may not work for them at the start but after 10 years or something. I canīt find any graduate from the free school who works for a big airline. Not even SAS.

So I have pretty much decided that I am so passionate about flying that I am willing to pay a large amount and sacrifice in order to get the best of the best. Maybe you guys donīt think like me but I am I and this is how I see it.

Lets stop this thread now:ok:

Whirlygig
8th Feb 2009, 14:18
Fabbe, let's not stop this thread. Please, please listen and HEED what other people are saying. They are more experienced and qualified than you and have been through the system. Instead of getting shirty and irritable with everyone on here, a little humility and gratitude for the advice and pointers you have been given might not go amiss. I'd be very interested to know what your parents advise?

If you have an opportunity to be trained to CPL level for free, then you must be nuts not to take it.

Have you thought where you're going to get the money for OAA? If you have the money anyway, then you can use it for a type rating after SAA which will make you much more employable with an airline.

And where did you get your statistics from about OAA's employment rates? From them?

Cheers

Whirls

akindofmagic
8th Feb 2009, 14:21
I donīt want to work as a flight instructor for 2-3 years I want the best chance to get a job on an airline. And 90% of OAAs graduates, gets a job on an airline.If you are genuinely passing up the chance of state funded training based on this, you are living in cloud cuckoo land. I honestly can't comprehend someone making the decision you seem intent on making.

Beat me to it Whirlygig!

fabbe92
8th Feb 2009, 14:26
Yes I got it from them. My parents think I should go to the free school but they allso say that I should do what I think is best for myself.

And I have seen that people who train in Sweden, works in Sweden as 50 year olds. I donīt want that! I want to work for foreign airlines when I am 50. I want to be on the big airlines at the age 0f 50 but shouldnīt I be that, I can work for a smaller airline but just as it is in another european country because I would like to live and work abroad.

I think that if you want to work for BA for example. Then the best way is to train in the UK. If you want to fly for Brussels airlines, then train in Belgium. Isnīt this correct?

And I donīt want to work as a flight instructor for 5 years. People are captains on 747 at the age of 26 I want to be a airliner pilot at that age.

And since airlines choose their low hour pilots from OAA since they make less misstakes, then I take this as a proof that the training si better there.

I do appreciate your ideas tough and since everyone seems to have a different oppinon, I will have to rethink.

I know a SAS captain that is retaired now. He thinks that I should go to Oxford since this free little school is not known among the airlines. And he probably has the greatest experience of us all.

Whirlygig
8th Feb 2009, 14:38
How do you know that all pilots who train with SAA stay in Sweden? How are you in a position to know any Swedish pilots who've left the country and work abroad. There are some believe me :hmm: You're talking about 50 year old pilots who would have qualified nearly 30 years ago. The aviation world was a very different place 30 years ago; no JAA, only national licences which may not have been recognised abroad.

Up until recently, Sweden was not part of the EU and therefore there was no automatic right to work in other countries. Therefore, these older pilots may not have been able to work elsewhere in the world and they didn't have the appropriate visas.

Also bear in mind that many people actually want to stay in their own country, they have family there, maybe married and have children and no wish to uproot to move elsewhere.

You seem to have this idea that the major airlines simply to to OAA at graduation time and just take all the recruits; they don't. Also bear in mind, that OAA has a lot of foreign sponsored students who are pretty much guaranteed jobs in their own country - they use these students in their statistics as well which will skew the percentages.

Cheers

Whirls

Frankly Mr Shankly
8th Feb 2009, 15:23
And since airlines choose their low hour pilots from OAA since they make less misstakes, then I take this as a proof that the training si better there.

Ooooooooh wait for it, wait for it...........:E

White Otter
8th Feb 2009, 17:55
Firstly if 90% of OAA grads went to the airlines then we'd all be there with them. Remember what Benjamin Disraeli said ("Lies, damned lies, and statistics").

Also why don't you want to be an instructor? You should get into flying for the love of it not for the love of a 747, BA, nice uniform, whatever and instructing is flying and probably more fun than a 747 anyway (as you'll have more time actually flying rather than monitoring an autopilot). Personally I cannot wait to get my instructor rating and I'll be very happy to do that for quite a few years.

fabbe92
8th Feb 2009, 18:01
Common! Instructing, yes:) I will be glad to wake up in the morning and know that my job is to fly and thats what I get to do every day.

But if you can choose between being an instructor in the c172 and flying the 738, Iīd take the 738. Because flying is my dream but airliner is everything I ever wanted. And since I know that it is possible to go from school to f/o in an airliner jet or turboprop, I have that as my goal.

And guys I am not saying that I want BA and LH as my first job. That I wanted a few months ago but since then I have learned that it is not possible so I am not aiming for that. And since BA are retiiring their 737s now I will rather fly for JET2 or Ryanair at the begining then to fly those awfull a320s. No just kidding any plane I get to fly will be good for me.

Adios
8th Feb 2009, 20:30
White Otter,

Instructing could get old very fast if there are very many impetuous, wet behind the ears, youngsters out there who refuse to listen to older, wiser, more experienced pilots (i.e. such as their instructors!).

fabbe92
8th Feb 2009, 21:16
My PPL instructor who is a atpl and works for a commercial school says that at the free school you get a lousy education and a lousy flight training so he wouldnīt recomend it.

I mean I seems to close out everything and just see that you get good flight training with OAA. You guys seems to close out everything and just see that its free. I do appreciate your posts and I understand you guys. But how can you say that you think its the best when you donīt even know the school. You have no information about the school whatsoever.

Frankly Mr Shankly
8th Feb 2009, 21:45
Go to OAA. There. Job done.

Right. Next.

Vems
18th Feb 2009, 19:05
Just tell me one thing, from where the hell did you get that :-

"And since airlines choose their low hour pilots from OAA since they make less misstakes, then I take this as a proof that the training si better there."

If you're a good pilot, then you're one, if you stink at it, well.. then.. you stink at it. That's all there is to say.

Answer one more thing, why do you really want to become a airline pilot?

I don't want answers such as 'it has always been my dream' that applies to me too, but that's not the only reason.

And what the hell, if I could instruct and live off the instructor pay for 5 years then I would, just as long as I'm flying.

Don't aim to be a BA captain at the age of 25. Newsflash.. it's not going to happen, you would probably get promoted to captain after 7-10 year service for them.

Just sit down, chill out, think..

Why do I really want to become a pilot? What's so special about that? What's the main reason for doing it? Money? Passion? it's 'cool' as someone said to me before? Because if you're doing it JUST for the money or because it's cool, then when I get my PPL I would hate to be anywhere near you.

Just think everything through, before you make a big mistake.

A lot of us don't have free training. Some of us work their ass off to get money for an hour of flying. Some have family, some are at college and university.. but we have to work for it.. and sometimes.. it gets really tough.

Another thing.. did you consider what would your life as a commercial pilot be? I mean time away from your family and loved ones..? You don't fly when you want to.. you do it everyday for a certain amount of time..

REALLY, have a think through everything and then come back with an answer.

Good luck anyways!

Vems.

fabbe92
18th Feb 2009, 19:09
The reason for me wanting to become a airliner pilot is passion passion and again passion! Not the money and of course its the coolest job ever but its my passion.

Many pilots on their blogs wrights golf or sailing as their hobbys. My hobby is aviation.

Since the age of 3 I have day dreamd about airliners every day. More than I think of girls its airlines. I was at the local airport every day when I was a little boy. My mother says that when I was a little kid I used to run around and talk like pilots talk to atc:}

So donīt think that I do it for the money or because its a cool job. Its my life!!

Vems
18th Feb 2009, 19:24
Yes. It will be a big part of your life. Of course.

About the hobby's, everyone has a few hobbies. I love aviation with all my heart, but I feel like a fish when I'm in the water. I love swimming and I swim quite a lot. I also do horse riding, which is fun.. my friends usually takes me with her. :E

Everyone needs something to do to chill out. Being a pilot, then becomes your everyday job and sometimes when you're tired, guys.. wouldn't you just want to go, relax and play golf.. or whatever? I thought so.

Apart from the fact that it is a 'cool' job.. it's a big responsibility. I hope you realise that. Don't do it because your friends then think you're cool because 'Oh my God, you fly? You're so cool, I want to do that!' I heard that a million times. ( What a pity, my grandma hates it :rolleyes:)

What happened.. how did you actually start to like aviation.. how did it all started?

Vems.

Notice.. it's an airline pilot not an airlineR pilot. :)

fabbe92
18th Feb 2009, 19:44
I donīt give a dam about my friends and the girls and what they think! I know it is a responsible job and I am trying to be as calm and as proffesional as possible as a person in order to do this job.

I like to travel, that is my hobby besides aviation!

It all began when I was 3-4 years old when we flew to Italy with the BA 732s and 734s. I remember that I began to count the days as the last monthe before the travel came. The night before the flight I couldnīt sleep. I was so happy when we went out to the airport it wa the happiest day of the year. When I entered the plane and fellt the smell of the cabin and felt that cool sound of the electrical system I was in love. Thats something that got me hooked. I remember that I liked the sounds of the engines, flaps. apu etc and I liked how the wing began to shake when we took of and all the special details about flight. I attached my seat belt and Listened carefully to the safety demo and I loved when the flaps came out and we began to roll on the appron. When We entered the runway in early morning whit all the lights, it was so beautifull! Here my heart began to tick like a bomb. When They began to increase the power I leaned back into position and closed my eyes. And then they opened the throotles! Those seconds where the best of my life and they still are. Being up there was so fun. I looked out the window and tryed to see where we are. Sometimes I got to go and visit the cockpit and I got to turn on and of landing lights etc. I was so hoked! After the flight I was depressed for weeks because it was over.

Flying is my life and it allways will be! Some people want to become singers or soccer players and thats their lives. I want to be a pilot and that is my life:ok: So I donīt want anyone saying that I do it for the money or because its a cool job etc. I do it since it is my passion and I want to do the best job possible. Many people want to work for KLM since they have the highest salary in europe etc. I want to fly for the big airlines since I grew up with them and I find it as the best career.

Enough with this now:ok:

Vems
19th Feb 2009, 09:30
Having the best career, doesn't neccesarily mean that you have to work for the best airline in the world.

Have you had a trial lesson yet?

mtanz0
19th Feb 2009, 09:52
This dude's mental. I think they should give him psychological tests in the class 1.

Continental Drifter
19th Feb 2009, 10:37
Fabbe,
I'll give you some advice about "how to train for mental tests"(?)
Firstly, stop your inane, rambling posts. You have very little experience of life, never mind aviation. There are people on here with vast amounts of both.
Listen to them.
Research.
Formulate a plan. Think. Stop being so reactionary. If you want to get into this industry and want people to stop refering to your age, you're going to have to demonstrate a lot more maturity than you are showing now.

nick14
19th Feb 2009, 11:16
You have to admit though, it does make an ammusing read!

Brightened up my day.

Nick

Celtic Pilot
19th Feb 2009, 14:20
this lad is comic...lol...

i liked the post with '''people on here have other hobbies well mine is aviation'''' cracked me up,,,

fabbe now come on lad your past the stage of dreaming and all, just get to work on it.... it all a bit pathetic to be honest reading it....you are very immature, so work on growing up a little before starting the tests for airline...

it is funny though.....

:D

Vems
19th Feb 2009, 14:33
About those other hobbies.. most of people that are here have a few hobbies but are passionate about flying the most.. otherwise.. would they even be here? It's everyones own choice of what they want to do in life, well, at least it should be. So as you say Fabbe, flying is your life.. Flying is our lives too.. just let me say one more thing.. you really got to grow up. I came to this forum when I was 15. At first I was fine, then it all started messing up in my head.. I thought I knew everything when really, I didn't. I admit to it. :E I went off for a while, did a hell lot of research and realised that I should start kicking my ass off and getting to work on what I want to do. It worked. It also took me some time to realise how sometimes I annoyed people on here, but you, boy damn it. You even beat me up on it, even I got annoyed by it. :rolleyes:

There's loads of info on this forum about the thing that you're asking about it. There's an option called search here. It's helpful. Trust me! :ok:

The way to become a pilot is really hard, there's lot of work ahead of you. It's a looong way, really long way and if you don't change your attitude it's going to end up bad for you. Keep that in mind. Just take the advice, do your research and then come back with a final decision on how, where, when, why and what you're going to do.

We can't tell you to stay at this school, because this will be good for you and it will get you a job with the airline.

Welcome to the real world. You have to make your own decisions, it's not up to us, your parents.. or whoever else. It's your and only your choice.

We can only advise you about what could be a good choice, talk to your parents, tell them about what you want to do and how you going to do it. Keep them informed and ask what would they think would be a good choice.. then when you have listened to tens of people.. Make up your mind.

fabbe92
19th Feb 2009, 14:59
Well its not my fault that Verms brings up my old thread again! I donīt care anymore about your comments about me. Anything new? I am mentally ill, I am stupid anything more? You havenīt said anything rasistic yet maybe you should try that.

What do you want with OAA now. I am going to go modular. Please read before you start bullying people half your age, please!

I donīt understand anymore. Verms asked me how I got hooked with aviation and I told him about my first flights. And you start bullying me for this.

Donīt worry guys I will do like you want. I will never apply for BA and LH I will fly regioanlly for my entire life in northern Sweden. Even when I have 10 000hours and Speak english perfectyl and have good reputation I will not apply for BA because I am mentaly disturbed if I do it.

Come on guys! Anything more you have in mind? Please keep it up you make my selfconfidence grow so much!:ok:

Celtic Pilot
19th Feb 2009, 15:10
so fabbe whats wrong with regional flying than BA jumbo's,,,

--- 1 You are flying as airliner pilot (as you call it)

--- 2 Your getting paid money for doing what you like

Time to grown up here,,, all these comments are a dose of reality for you... count yourself lucky you arent getting laughed at in front of your face when you come out with these comments to people...

Half your age (come on now when i was 16 i knew what diection i was heading but i kept my head in the books at school)

p.s Grant me i never have to share a flight deck with you EVER!!!!!

fabbe92
19th Feb 2009, 15:28
You never will share a flightdeck whith me either! Because I am doing what you guys tell me not do do. I am aiming high with my life!

Go ahead and aim low if you want! I know that its very difficult to work for big airlines and not many people get to go on the jumbo. Myabe I will fly smaller regional planes for all my life. But I am aiming as high as possible!

Since you donīt care and you only want to fly for small airlines then do so! You donīt have to fly with me! You canīt bring me down. I donīt know what the problem is maybe you are yellous since you where not this motivated at my age?

I am very dissapointed. I had finished this thread and Verms decides to bring it up again and he asks me a question. I respond on that guestion and you guys donīt even read this thread. You only wright the things that would hurt me the moast. You say that you want to help me and to give me advices. But the majority doesnīt. You only wright bad things about me.

Hey I may be imature but I donīt spend my time/life bullying people that are younger than me.:ok:

Now I know that there will be 20 comments with provocating and really awfull comments here. You will do everything to make me mad so I can post something more. But I will not. I am to busy living my life. I am still young I am doing fine at my flight training and I will reach my goals.

Have fun bullying me, and I do thank the few people who really gave me advices and helped me! Thanks for showing the good side of adult people:ok:

Whirlygig
19th Feb 2009, 15:49
Don't worry fabbe; if you think that working for a big airline is the top spot; it ain't. Us helicopter pilots look down on the lot of you for having no ambition.

Listen ...people have tried to give you some friendly advice, you act in an immature manner and say you're being bullied.

You're not; it's criticism and if you can't cope with it here, how will you manage when a flight instructor makes you feel like you're the worst pilot on earth.

This is meant nicely Fabbe (as nice as your Mum could be); you need to develop some more maturity in your manner and way of writing/speaking.

Cheers

Whirls

SW1
19th Feb 2009, 16:14
Just do me a favour Fabbe. Read what you've written before you press the submit button.

You know that sharp tingly feeling you get running up your spine. I get that when I read your posts so please think mate before rising to challenges. What doesnt kill you makes you stronger!!!!

fabbe92
19th Feb 2009, 16:31
Com on guys! I only whant to be friends with everybody here and make some friends inside the industry so I can learn. This guys is mental, is not a very nice thing to say to a 17 year old guy who is confused about his future. Many of the things you have said to mea have really gotten to me. You have basicly said that I will be a bad pilot and you will fear to fly whith me and that I will probably risc the passengers life. Verms brought this thread up again! The posts before Verms are a feew weeks old now. I have learned a lot since I joined here.

I am going to go to a modular school here in Sweden where I will have the time of my life. I will study french since I like languages and I want to learn it fluently. Then I will study english and physics/math when I go to this school which is a upper secondary that gives you CPL training as well, for those who donīt know. Since I only get the CPL here I will try to get into the completion course after that where they give you the rest for free. If I donīt get in, the school offers the completion for a pretty good price under 20 000Ģ. After I have completed my training I will look at the curent situation. If the market looks kind of good, I will apply for every possible airline in Europe. I will allso apply for airlines in the UAE and Asia.
I will of course apply for airlines like Régional, Lhcityline but I know that its unlikely to be called for an interview. I will try to get whatever job I can. Many of the graduates at this school currently gets job with Ryanair, Tyrolean and Air Baltic so this looks very promissing. I will allso try to get in whit airlines like SkyEurope, Airone, BMIbaby because these airlines seems fun for a first job. However the market may look bad and then this school has it secured for you. They offer every graduate that doesnīt get a job, a position as flight instructor whitin the school. This means I will go of to Phoenix in the US and live and work there. This seems kind of exciting now since I can work as a flight instructor and maybe study at the university there. I could study language and maybe it would be fun whith a degree in airline economics or something like that.

Many of the people here have learned me lot in a few months. I am making misstakes and I am learning every day, I am just asking people here to be gentle whith me and not make these comments. I still have the goals of flying a large jet for a big airline in the future. It may be 10-30 years from now. I donīt care, someone has to fly them and I will do everything I can to be one of them. But for the moment I think realisticly and I will just enjoy my PPL flight training, the schools and spending time whith my friends. The middle east and Asia looks like an exciting job market in the future som maybe I will work there? Who knows, the only thing I know is that I will fly for the rest of my years if god permits.

Vems
19th Feb 2009, 16:52
You need to learn to read between the lines.

First of all, my nickname is Vems, not Verms. And I'm not a lad, I'm a girl. Plus.. I'm not half as old as you are darling. I'm at really similar age. I'm not even 20 yet. :oh:

I haven't bullied you at all, no one is trying to. You may think we're all against you at the moment, but really we aren't. All you get here is criticism as Whirlygig said.

And who aims low here? We all have to set up a goal every once in a while. My goal is to gain PPL by the end of october. Next thing will be gain ATPL by the end of 2010 and beginning of 2011. You build up your career step by step, you haven't even started yet and you have plans for the rest of your life up to retirement. It's not going to work. This is reality, living the dream.. oh that ended. I will be aiming high, you can trust me on that one, but the definition of flying isn't 'fly airliner for the best airline in the world'. It doesn't matter if you fly small aeroplanes, you glide or whatever. It's still flying, always has been, always will be. Don't set one goal to just fly for BA. If you would already be a captain in BA ( :uhoh: ), would that be your final goal?

Right now you should be concentrating on school/college and getting on with your PPL. Set up your goal to finish it by some time this or next year. Then when you'll be finishing, sit down, think and set up your next goal. And NO, I don't mean BA F/O or Captain. Get your license first and then think what's next. Take life as it comes, don't plan everything. Life is full of suprises, you never know what could happen. Did you think about a back up plan if you don't pass your medical at some point? Are you sure that you're going the Class 1 medical at all? There's loads of things to think about before you really decide that this is what you going to do for the rest of your life.

I don't want to fly only for small airlines. Well I could to be honest, I would even be happy with working for a charter or as an instructor for a number of years.

Don't take it the wrong way, I'm trying to give you advice here. Yes, there's a dissapointment here.. you're not getting the answers you wanted here. You're not going to get into BA by time you're 20 or 22. It seems to be that the only thing you want to fly is the Boeings for BA/LH. Is this all that flying means to you? When I hear the damn loud engine of light aircrafts such as Cessnas or Pipers, I fall in love with them all over again. I'm always looking at the sky searching for a/c. It's something that really means really much to me. Did you even consider doing anything else if you couldn't find employment for some time, as if you want to go straight into airlines, it's going to be a bit hard to get in with 250/300.

I'm still young and I keep my head in the books most of the times, studying at college, working part time as my flying school isn't free and my parents are not really up for paying it all ( they do help me financally though, until I'll be able to go into full time employment :E ) and I study for the PPL exams hard everyday. It'd not easy you know, and it's not going to be for the next at least half a year until I finish college. So if you're going to be still at school when you start training.. or even just at the flying school, you have to put your head in the books, and as you're going modular you're not going to have ground instructions for every single exam and you'll probably have to study at home, which sometimes it's a bit hard when you don't understand something.. (but save the questions, and ask instructor before your next flight). I really wish you well, I hope your dream does come true but you have to work on your maturity and setting up goals in your life, you're not always going to be at school, training or whatever.. Bear in mind that as you're pretty young, the choices we make now will affect the rest of our lives.. and your career as a pilot it's going to last for at least 30 years.

You need to take in all the comments. Bad & good. There's all helpful. I wouldn't spend time bullying you as you call it here, writing this massive posts.. I'm trying to be helpful but my nerves are currently going a bit off!
You're going to have tough times through your PPL when you mess something up, if the instructor will make you feel bad, what will you do then? Tell him that he's only saying that to ruin your career? Ermmm. Think about what you're writing and the purpose of your writing. Because on the last post, you sounded like a 12 year old kid. Sorry.

Just tried to give you good advice, if you don't take it, I hope we won't meet in the flightdeck some years from now on.

Anyways, good luck.

Vems.

fabbe92
19th Feb 2009, 17:09
Hehehe I see Vems. Sorry I saw wrong. I thought Verms was a strange name:) How nice to see a girl that wants to go the pilot way. Unfortunatley there arenīt many like yourself. Thank you for your kindness!

Here is a perfect example of what makes me sick of these forums. Rougegog or whatever the idiot is called, just canīt stop can he?! I just excused myself and wrote my future plans and what you guys have learned me and the first response I get is a stupid comment made just to piss me of or to make me feel bad. I thought that when you excuse yourself adults whill understand but clearly you like teasing youngsters. Maybe you didnīt have friends in school or what? Since you have a class1 I think you are a pilot? A proffesional pilots that acts like this. Hehe incredible. If I make it to the left seat I hope I donīt start to bullying people that are less experienced than me?

May I just ask a question to all you people that seems to be so proffesional, experienced and moraly correct. Do you think its right of Rougegog to make such an answer after writing an appologize?

I canīt bloody even appologize and try to be better. What do you want me to do!!!!!

BitMoreRightRudder
19th Feb 2009, 17:38
What do you want me to do!!!!!

Calm down, stop posting on here for a while and go do some flying.

You'll feel better in the morning!

Good Luck fabbe ;)

Whirlygig
19th Feb 2009, 17:47
There's a few things you can do Fabbe; firstly, your post #77 above is a much better demonstration of the sort of attitude and maturity that many of us have been talking about.

Secondly, when someone posts something insulting, you need to learn to rise above it. You're right; there have been some unfair comments so ignore them. You will come across prats in all walks of life and you need to learn how best to deal with them.

It sounds to me as if you've made the right decisions at the moment so absorb yourself in your PPL.

...and there are quite a few females here but it's been a long time since I was called a girl :}

Cheers

Whirls

TheGlide
19th Feb 2009, 17:58
Fabbie you need to sort your life out man ..
your just 16 .....

fabbe92
19th Feb 2009, 18:03
Thank you my lif is just fine and sorted out. The flying bit has been tricky these last few months but now it is solved and I am enjoying my PPL training.

I am raising above these idiotic comments and I donīt care. But it just pisses me of when I try to be as mature as possible and wright a appologize letter and the first response is a dumb ass comment for me.
And it allso kills me that the smallest misstake I do, everyone jumps at me. But when MR captain that is older than me and has been here for a while makes a totally unacceptable comment, no one cares and people tell me to calm down.

Sorry for calling you a gilr but you said that you are not much older than me, then you are a gilr to me hehe:ok: Female sounds fine tough.

And please do me a favor mr admin, could you lock this thread now so there will be no more stupid comments.

Chhers!

mtanz0
19th Feb 2009, 18:05
I was only joking about the mental comment man, don't take it seriously. I'm irish, we have notoriously bad taste in humour.

fabbe92
19th Feb 2009, 18:06
Okey. I appresicate you saying so. Then its fine, but its very hard for me to detect sarcasm when your face is hidden behind a computer screen:ok:

Vems
19th Feb 2009, 18:35
Been ages since I was called a girl too. My mates used to say that I should have been a guy, I never liked dolls when I was little, cars.. well that was fun. Aeroplanes.. I was crazy about them.. and quite a few years later, still love them.

Fabbe, you're getting there.

You have also mixed up me and Whirlygig.. two females. :)
Also, you'll still get stupid comments if your own posts are immature, so think about what you're writing.

Frankly Mr Shankly
20th Feb 2009, 10:31
Now come on, I think fabbe may have learned, there's no need to keep rehashing this and being confrontational with him on this. :=

1mag1n3
20th Feb 2009, 12:11
Before this thread ends I wanna give my 2 pennies!

I am coming up 18, so not to far off you fabbe. When I was 16 I posted a similar thread to a couple of yours, and got some very nice, informative replies. It didnt turn ugly luckily. Most said get your head down. Concentrate on work and come back when your older and have a vague idea of what you want to do.

So, here I am, 2 years on being predicted AAAB in Maths, Further Maths, Geography and Physics, respectively. Geography is great for colouring in, will keep me entertained on the long hauls if that ever comes. I am due to complete my A levels this June, and get the results by August.

I was naive when I first joined with your rose coloured glasses on. Glaring at OAA and the likes and their shiny courses. Yeah they are fantastic:rolleyes:, and generally do give you a marginally better chance of getting into the RHS, but by marginal its perhaps a percent or so. Their marketing is some of the best in the world. Its so appealing, looks so god darn brilliant.

Anyway, my point. Your life is your life. We are just here to advise. Listen to these people, they are our role models, they have been there and done it and have the badge to show.

What you should do is what is best for yourself. If this means waiting and going for OAA then do it. If this means getting FREE training then do it. As you said if it means going modular then do it. Whichever way you go, essentially you will end up in the right seat for you. Sometimes you think time works against you. It does. Always. I mean, ATPL's take months of work, and the course content is huge. It looks daunting. Scary almost. But thats to come. Probably during whichever course you do, you will be thinking some bad thoughts about if its for you. If only time sped up then they would be gone by tomorrow. Whichever way you end up going we will back you up though. As long as you remain yourself behind a keyboard.

I mean IMO being patient is the key. I remember posting here age 16, and it feels like yesterday seeing all the pretty yellow colours. If all goes well I should commence some form of training in about 6 months. Whats 6 months? Nothing.

I feel like I have rambled anyway. If this is utter gob****e then sorry!
:O

James D
20th Feb 2009, 12:42
This has got to be one of the funniest threads I've read for some time. Reckon it should be made a sticky.

nick14
20th Feb 2009, 12:50
Seconded,

It could serve as a useful pointer for other young'uns

Rugbyears
20th Feb 2009, 13:24
fabbe - head up chap, as is life, you will always find those who are happy to follow the crowed and become a bully! You need to rise above it and not fuel comments.

I suggest you simply change your username and start over; this thread will soon become obsolete.

I suggest you heed 1mag1n3 advice!!!

Best of luck with your training:)

DaveD
21st Feb 2009, 10:14
A nice bloke checked my eyes (the longest bit)

(GATWICK CLASS 1)

Did anyone else find it hard NOT to laugh when he was moving around your face?
Numerous amounts of times I almost burst out laughing when he had that stupid headpiece thing on..

preduk
21st Feb 2009, 13:07
I remember when I was 16 also, I did the exact same thing. Pissed off a load of people making up stuff I didn't know. You need to understand that you are a kid, you haven't even had a full time proper job yet.

You need to get a grip with life, saying all this "I don't think about girls, just planes" that makes you look sad and pathetic (which I'm sure you're not). You need to have a balanced life, go out enjoy yourself and keep the flying going but don't let it go over your head and don't think you are better than everyone else because you will come crashing down.

When you get into the aviation business, and you are sitting next to a captain or instructor who has 20,000+hours and 30 years of experience you will realise you know jack sh*t about flying and how much more you have to learn.

Enjoy life, stopped getting so stressed and offended have chill! From reading your post you come across as very self centred, please don't do this. Enjoy your friends, learn from your friends experiences don't be a cocky git that things he is better than his friends.

I've University educated and my best mate is a bus driver with no qualifications at all, but thats his path in life and I'm not going to judge him for that.

DaveD
21st Feb 2009, 13:14
He's young, give him a break guys.

It's not bullying I agree, and he should take onboard what's being said, but he's still only 16 years old and obviously very naive.

Fabbe, the best thing you could do, is read these posts and take in some things that are being said. I must stress if you have an opportunity to take free training then do it, don't even concider anything else.

Enjoy life, don't let it consume you. I have an immense passion for flying and always will do, but don't let it take over your life, enjoy the road to becoming a pilot!

Any my previous post? Anyone remember the EYE GUY at your Gatwick medical?

fabbe92
21st Feb 2009, 13:51
I have learned a lot of things in thes 3 months! I am learning every minute. And I am of course still a kid and I have no experience. Of course I donīt know much. Before I began here I thought I would go to Oxford and then work for BA directly.

Today I am hoping to get in to the swedish school which gives you a free CPL.

Before I jonined pprune I wanted to work for BA,LH,AF or KL because those were the best airlines becuase they where the largest cariers whith the best PR and the best pilot salary. Its easy to think that they are the best airlines. I donīt know how it is to work for an airline but I am still aiming for a big carrier. But I am not aiming that much for the really big legacy carriers anymore. I am a internationall person and I really would like to live outside Sweden when I grow up, for a few years to see how it is. But now I know that you could be a darmn good pilot and work for an airline that isnīt BA. Maybe you find it more fun to work for a smaller airline. For the moment I donīt know if I even are goeing to get a job in Europe when I am done whith the training. But if I am lucky I will get a job with a small regional carrier maybe in Austria or something similliar. Then When I have the hours maybe I can get a job whith a carrier like Austrian, Swiss or Brussels Airlines. I would be really happy to work for a carrier like Brussels Airlines even tough they are not a big legacy carrier. But for the moment I want to get through school, enjoy my life and enjoy my pilot training.

preduk
21st Feb 2009, 14:02
fabbe92,

I know you want to fly the big birds, but trust me the guys that got there at the moment started off flying the small aircraft. Look at Barbar Harmer (BA Concorde pilot) she started off as a hair dresser and then started flying for a small commuter airline. It wasn't the school or the type of trainign she took, it's that she was a sh*t hot pilot and got where she went because of hard work.

Work hard, enjoy your life and you will get there one day! Your determination to have a better life for yourself is great, just don't waste it :ok:

Vems
21st Feb 2009, 16:46
Fabbe, your last post actually shows we're getting to you somehow. GOOD!

I hope everything works out for you well, just keep working hard, enjoy life and flying. Don't study 24/7 for flying too, learn when you feel like it, try and get your exams passed at the highest rates, take everything in slowly. You'll get there.

Good luck!

Vems. :)

fabbe92
21st Feb 2009, 17:37
Yeah thats what I will do! Unfortunatley I have to study 24/7 in order to pass my school exams with high grades. But when I donīt feel motivated enogh to study aviation. I donīt do it because I will not learn anything. I will study everything slowly untill I know it inside out, Then I will take all the exames. I have another flying lesson tomorrow. My first takeoff every!! So this will be so much fun! Thank you guys so very much!

Celtic Pilot
21st Feb 2009, 18:33
now you've the idea fabbe.... keep up the motivation though,, no lack of it in you obviously!!!! dont dnt convey it as cockyness though and you will not go wrong in the aviation industry!!!!

Best of luck with it all!!!!!!!!!!!

Reluctant737
21st Feb 2009, 18:46
Fabbe,

You remind me of one of those bugs that run around a crowded room that nobody can quite manage to stamp on.

Best regards, Ad :ok:

Adios
21st Feb 2009, 22:01
What is the point of posts like the one directly above? It's just the sort that winds Fabbe up again, is totally uncalled for and frankly, sets the profession in a bad light. Fabbe obviously got the point some time ago and is responding better, so it would be nice to see all of the so called professionals do the same and back off from kicking him when he’s already laying on the ground counting his remaining teeth.

Fabbe,

Take a look at this thread started by a 10 year old for an example of how to set the tone so you get help instead of sarcasm: http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/363169-hello-hopefully-smart-ten-year-old.html

Frankly Mr Shankly
21st Feb 2009, 22:17
"...and frankly, sets the profession in a bad light..."

What have I done...??? :}

Reluctant737
21st Feb 2009, 22:21
Adios,

It's a test, ssssssh!

Vems
23rd Feb 2009, 12:20
Wait a minute now...

Fabbe, have you started already your PPL, how many hours have you done?

Vems :)

fabbe92
23rd Feb 2009, 13:12
Yes I have started my PPL and I have about 7 hours for the moment. I donīt want to fly so intensly for the moment as I want to complete all my exams so I can focus on the flying only later. But I plan to have my PPL this autumn. That is if I donīt pass the tests for the free CPL school. If I do pass them then I will drop the PPL training since its no idea to spend a large amount of money. I will get the PPL at the free flight school. It is a integrated CPL training so you allso get the PPL.

Cheers and thanks again:ok:

Celtic Pilot
23rd Feb 2009, 13:48
sounds like a decent plan fabbe,,, however i have one bit of advice for you, whether you want to take it or not!!!

--since you are only 16, focus hard on you school tests (whatever they are called in sweden)... education is important.... Enjoy the ppl aswell.... learning is the fun part!!!