PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Pat or National in India?

mannymux
1st Feb 2009, 23:24
Guys, I have a question. I was born in India but was raised in the US and am now a US citizen. I hold an OCI (overseas citizenship of India). I want to convert my licenses to Indian licenses. If employed with an Indian carrier would I be considered a national of India or an expat? Please help...

COCOCHANEL
2nd Feb 2009, 09:18
Hi there...check out this link, it should answer your question more or less...

OCI card holders can work in India: Manmohan - Sify.com (http://sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=14832679)

Cheers!

mannymux
2nd Feb 2009, 10:29
But I would still like to know if I would be considered a local or an ex-pat if I fly there. Thanks...

abhi88
2nd Feb 2009, 10:35
:}As long as you dont look like a white dude, u will be considered a local...

COCOCHANEL
2nd Feb 2009, 10:59
If you apply for a position reserved for indian pilots, you'll be considered as a local, and will have to convert your faa cpl /atpl to an indian cpl/altp as Overseas indian citizens receive parity with NRI's and indian residents in terms of economic, educational, and financial fields. You may also be considered as an expat if you apply as an expat and have the necessary hours and type rating required for the particular expat position advertised. If the airline hires you, you can fly under FATA. In this case you wouldn't have to convert your license to an Indian one.

Hope I answered your question.:)

Flaperon777
3rd Feb 2009, 12:38
He ain't a white dude........lolol. He's black as the pacific waters on a cloudy moonless night......:).
Hey NB......;)