View Full Version : Open in Full Window

FJJP
1st Feb 2009, 21:46
This has probably been covered before but I can't find it.

It drives me nuts when opening a window in Office, IE, etc and it opens in a small window - then I have to use the maximise button to open the window to full size.

I use XP Home [and XP Pro at work]. I cannot find an answer - is there any way I can frig the system to ensure the window opens full size every time?

Thanks Guys...

ZH875
1st Feb 2009, 21:58
From Here (http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/ietips.htm)

Opening Internet Explorer Full Size Ever notice sometimes you right-click on a link and open a new window and it's not full screen? This usually occurs because IE remembers the last window size when closed. Many times a background pop-up will do this too, if it is the last window closed. To resize the window and regain control:

Close all instances of Internet Explorer except for one.
Right-click on a link in the page and select: "Open in New Window"
Close the first browser window using the [ X ] (upper right corner)
Resize the window manually by dragging the sides to the desired size.
Note: Do NOT click the Maximize button, you must do it manually.
Hold down the Ctrl key and click the Close button (upper right) [Exception]
In some cases the "Remember last window size" info becomes corrupted in the Registry.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"Window_Placement"=
To reset the "Window_Placement" entry to default. You can download a small reg file to reset (to default) and correct this behavior.
Download: ResetWindowPlacement.reg (http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/ResetWindowPlacement.reg) [right-click and select: "Save Target As"]
To use: right-click and select: Merge - Ok the prompt and reboot.

Parapunter
1st Feb 2009, 22:27
Windows 7 has a nice feature. If you have several windows open & want to clear the desktop, click & hold the window you want to keep & shake the mouse. All the other windows disappear. Shake it again & they re-appear.

Kewl!