PDA

View Full Version : Air New Zealand-silly question

Flapping_Madly
1st Feb 2009, 17:54
If you sit in the front row of the Premium economy seats there is no seat in front of you.
The tray is in the arm rest I think.

Where is the TV screen?:confused:

Thanks

TightSlot
1st Feb 2009, 18:13
Not silly - it's in the armrest too - on a rotating arm. It must be stowed for take-off and landing, so these seats are the only ones that can't make use of the AVOD during these times.

Flapping_Madly
1st Feb 2009, 20:26
TV and tray BOTH in the armrest !!!
My god how wide is the seat?:eek:

raffele
1st Feb 2009, 21:07
The TV and tray sit in the same armrest unit. The TV is mounted on a long arm which sits along the front edge of the armrest unit (looking at the seat from in front of it). The tray folds away and sits in the armrest on top of where the screen unit of the TV is stowed.

Air New Zealand premium seat width is 18.5" (cushion), the armrest is about an inch or two.

Beer_n_Tabs
3rd Feb 2009, 12:40
Air New Zealand-silly question

A silly question would have been.....

Where do Air New Zealand come from?

:ok:

forget
3rd Feb 2009, 13:43
A silly question would have been..... Where do Air New Zealand come from?

HERE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TEAL)

:) .......................

WHBM
3rd Feb 2009, 15:03
TV and tray BOTH in the armrest !!!
My god how wide is the seat?
This is not a silly question either, because where there are seats with TV and tray mounted in the usual way, on the seatback in front of you, and identical seat units at the front with these facilities in the armrest, the armrest is indeed wider. And as the seat row is fitted into the same overall width, guess where that extra armrest width is take from ? Yes, from your seat cushion width (seat back width stays the same). So you can feel a bit more squashed in these ones. And you can't lift the armrest to get out, or if the seat next to you is vacant.