PDA

View Full Version : Romania Jaa frozen ATP exams

ytsouk
1st Feb 2009, 08:57
Hi to everyone
I am willing to take exams of my frozen ATP in Romania. Does any one can give information about the questions? I mean which database should I read , so to prepare for the exams.
And if can give me general info for the exams.

Thank you in advance.... and safe flights to everybody

chrisbl
1st Feb 2009, 13:17
Irony is going to be lost on this one

HM001
1st Feb 2009, 14:03
Irony? I think English was lost on this one...

2close
1st Feb 2009, 16:43
ytsouk,

Where are you doing your MEP, CPL and IR.....in Greece? Which FTO? You have to do the ATPL studies through an Approved School. I presume you are studying through distance learning so which Approved School are you using for your progress tests? Don't they have a Question Bank database of their own?

If you are studying for Greek issued licences, will the HCAA (YPA) accept ATPL examinations from Romania.

I know they accept them from the UK but you'd do best to check first - save a lot of heartache later - and get it in writing. YPA officials are well known for changing their mind and if you haven't got anything in writing you would be in pooh!!

The other thing to check is the testing protocols in Romania - Greece uses computerised testing once a month in Athens but your FTO has to sign off that you have completed ALL studies before you can take ANY of the exams (officially at least!). How are things done in Romania?

The danger with studying in one country then going to another country for the exams is that Approved Schools would normally tailor their QB database to the examinations in that country. There is a central JAA QB database and each JAA member state contributes to that database but each country tends to favour its own questions for examinations held in that country.

As for airman13, I think he's been on the bottle early today ;) ;) Lucky bloke!!

Hope this helps

2close

perceval
1st Feb 2009, 17:42
airman13 , confused european ;)are you ?

to get back to the question . My suggestion is :Prepare and sit your exams in one country but also stick to it for the Practical part .An approved Romanian FTO should have the appropriate database .Avoid using somebodyelse database (Ie UK) .I am doing the czech ones and have been told to stick to czech questions as they do differ from the other JAA countries .
Basically , if you start in Romania , finish everything in Romania and you'll be better off

HM001
1st Feb 2009, 17:51
HAHAHA, well done Mr Airman, I happen to come from a French speaking country so I won't openly translate what you have said to me even though I must point out that even your insult defies logic as it really makes no sense, but still well done.

With language like that, I wouldn't say you really speak French but chew it up and spit it out.

HM001
1st Feb 2009, 18:20
ytsouk:

My suggestion as well is if you have not started your ATPL examinations as of yet in Greece is to proceed to Romania for continuation of your training and if the 2 authorities allow, transfer all your current licenses and ratings across.

I know for a fact that the Greek Authority (HCAA) uses the UK CAA syllabus for all of its training including PPL and ATPL theory, question banks etc. I don't know if the Romanian authority would accept on this basis should you wish to finish in Greece.

tigermagicjohn
1st Feb 2009, 18:39
Before you start your ATPL theory in some strange country, make sure that you know the country where you want to do the CPL will accept the Romanian ATPL theory exams.

I know from Scandinavia, you can't do ATPL theory in the UK and the do the flying in Scandinavia - some countries require you do the ATPL theory and flying in the SAME country.

Make sure you get any permissions in writing from the authority where you want to do your flying training.
If you want to do your flying in Greece, make sure they will accept Romanian ATPL.

If you read the JAR it says training in different countries is possible, but it is up to the state of license issuer to decide this, and you must get this in advance.

ytsouk
1st Feb 2009, 19:29
Thank you all for your answers.

I just want to inform you that I am holding JAA CPL/IR/ME FI IFI with more than 2000hrs.
And FAA ATP etc
I will be for training in Romania for couple months ,, so I want to take the chance to take the exams over there and no to wait until come back to Greece

I ask GREEK CAA about that and there is no problem to take the exams on Romania and the to go back in Greece

I just want to ask you if the question base is similar with the Bristol

Thank you again

2close
1st Feb 2009, 21:42
What theory exams did you do for the JAA CPL and IR?

Did you do the separate JAA CPL and IR theory exams, the ATPL theory exams or are your CPL and IR from before the days of JARs?

You did say in your orginal post 'my frozen ATP' - this would suggest that you have already done the ATPL exams but think they may have run out. The term 'Frozen ATPL' refers to a CPL/IR + ATPL Theory.

I only ask because if you've already done the ATPL theory exams they remain current for 7 years from the date of your last IR check.

ewsd02
2nd Feb 2009, 10:39
Bristol should be pretty accurate for you.