PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Ross return to broadcasting - copy?

Keygrip
31st Jan 2009, 01:31
Heyas. Spin off thought from Parapunters thread on home cinema - having an interest in broadcasting, I *really* wanted to see and/or hear how Rossy returned to broadcasting at the BBC.

Dunno what happened to the slingbox video of his first television show, and I missed his radio show - does anybody have a copy of either?

(The words "straw" and "clutching" spring to mind).

What was the UK reaction? Was he welcomed back? Has he been "shunned" at all? Did he *mean it* when he apologised?

Forum drift - sorry SD.

taxydual
31st Jan 2009, 07:09
You can download a copy of his 'return' show from Home - UKNova (http://www.uknova.com)

You have to register (it's free). The specific programme is S16E01, do a search for Ross and the appropriate files will appear. They are in Torrent format, so you'll need the Torrent software to download it.

Opinions of Ross vary, either you like him or you don't, no middle ground. Personally, I think he's an overpaid prat with a schoolboy sense of humour. Others would argue with me.........

Background Noise
31st Jan 2009, 07:40
Couple of clips on youtube - the opening bits here YouTube - The Return of Friday Night with Jonathan Ross - BBC One (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HbD-ke-Axg4)

ZH875
31st Jan 2009, 11:35
Personally, I think he's an overpaid prat with a schoolboy sense of humour. Others would argue with me.........

You think more of him than I do.........

taxydual
31st Jan 2009, 16:29
ZH875

Thank you for that vote of confidence. Praise the Lord, I'm not alone!

preduk
31st Jan 2009, 17:03
I like the show, not because of him because of his guests.

I don't really see why he is paid so much, I could think of many presenters that are much better.

ZH875
31st Jan 2009, 21:28
I could think of many presenters that are much better.

I can't think of many worse......

Bushfiva
1st Feb 2009, 00:43
The radio show is available as a podcast from the Beeb.

Keygrip
1st Feb 2009, 03:27
I watched the YouTube, thanks.

Didn't seem to *really* mean it. I would have been heartbroken if I realised that I had done what Ross and Brand did to Andrew Sachs.

I was just curious as to how well he would be received back into the homes of the BBC viewer/listener.

I don't think he (or any of them) are worth a fraction of their salary - and added celebrity status - but I do quite like the irreverant humour and the way he plays the tv show.

Hate the four poofs and a piano though. I've no personal objection to the 'genre' - I just don't like being force fed.

I saw the episode where he told Minnie Driver that he would like to :mad: her. Grossly out of place I thought. Gratuitous, offensive and childish.

(Puts soap box away under the bed. Sorry)