PDA

View Full Version : SEP rating on CPL/IR

flyingmutant
30th Jan 2009, 13:45
Does anybody know roughly how much the CAA charge to add an SEP rating to my CPL/IR license?

I can see from http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/srg_fcl_SCharges_prof_05.pdf

that the admin charge is £111 but I can't work out what the flight/skills test charge is (excluding aircraft hire).

thanks.

flightlevel1985
30th Jan 2009, 13:52
Do you not already have an SEP rating on your PPL, if so just get it added onto the CPL. When my CPL was issued, it came with the SEP already on it.

flyingmutant
30th Jan 2009, 14:57
Nope, unfortunately not. I never had a PPl - I Did my CPL on the twin and had a chance to do the SEP rating as well back then but didn't have the cash!

flightlevel1985
30th Jan 2009, 15:15
Ahh ok, well im not 100% on the exact process, but by looking at the scheme of charges document, it looks like you will need to do the 'proficiency check for the SEP class rating', which is £184 and then pay the CAA a nice fee of £111 for nothing much. Plus the cost of the aircraft for the air test of course.

Keygrip
30th Jan 2009, 15:27
Whoaa!

All mutant needs to do is the class rating flight test with an examiner at his local school.

Assuming he hasn't actually flown one yet, as he has no rating, then if the club checkout is done (sufficiently in depth) by an examiner it can all be one flight..

The £184 would only be if the flight was conducted by a CAA staff examiner - if they have time inbetween studying for their jet type ratings.

The £111 still applies to have the rating added to the licence - and that will increase on April 1st.

flyingmutant
30th Jan 2009, 21:45
I have flown SEP, the 1st 100+ hours of my training was on it, I just didn't do a check on it with the CAA before switching to the multi to do my CPL (integrated course).

Haven't flown one for quite a while tho so will need a bit of practice before doing a check.

thanks mark, keygrip :ok:

nick14
30th Jan 2009, 22:17
if you have not yet submitted your paperwork then all you need is an SEP check with an examiner.

Oxford (as an example) charge for the aircraft and licence fee 235 on the warrior.

not too much hassle, flight should only be 45 min to an hour, with an hours practice its easily do able, exactly what I did post my Integrated course.

Keygrip
31st Jan 2009, 01:20
I have flown SEP, the 1st 100+ hours

I *meant* at your current, non integrated training, establishment (school/club/whatever).

Shame the school wasn't customer orientated - you did all you needed to do with PT1 and 2. They *could* have signed you off for it - but that doesn't generate revenue.