PDA

View Full Version : "Super Streaming"

291paspine
29th Jan 2009, 22:01
Anyone know or heard anything regarding the future BFJT courses at linton being super streamed either after BHT or at the end of the course, Lots of rumours flying around at the moment and it would be good to get some clarification if any of it is truth.

5 Forward 6 Back
29th Jan 2009, 22:09
I wouldn't worry about it; it's not going to affect how well you try to fly when you get there! If you presume you're likely to get restreamed at some point, then you won't be surprised if they introduce it.

It's been done a couple of times in the past, at the end of the course, and there were never any great shocks.

291paspine
29th Jan 2009, 22:50
Rumour mill has it streaming will take place after BHT on the next few courses....... Begs the question of why you get streamed after EFT at all!

CirrusF
30th Jan 2009, 08:19
Slight thread drift here but is RAF streaming now "permanent" - ie once streamed you stay in that stream for entire flying career? It used to be that you could be cross-streamed - I knew of one guy who started Rotary, then went ME, then to UAS QFI, then to FJ. That was in the eighties though when training budgets were under less scrutiny than now.

Bravo2
30th Jan 2009, 18:48
As far as I know you stay where you're sent these days - no point / money in retraining someone for a different stream.

There is always the odd exception though - fast jet guys getting medically downgraded so they can no longer fly on ejection seats etc.

5 Forward 6 Back
30th Jan 2009, 22:38
Crossovers do happen, but fairly rarely. It seems that when there's a shortage, there's always the chance for people to hop to the stream that's suffering.

Dr Schlong
1st Feb 2009, 16:06
Isn't 'Super Streaming' a bit of a misnomer? Surely 'we've messed up the training pipeline again and have to dash some dreams' would be more accurate - not as catchy though. How about 'Sewer Streaming'? It's because of the pipeline's being blocked and probably feels crap to those going elsewhere before they've had a chance to prove themselves.

Chin up guys - there's no such thing as a bad first tour!

Bravo2
3rd Feb 2009, 19:17
That is one way of looking at it - the other is that they are going to send more to Linton to 'have a shot a their dream' and then weed the weaker ones out later on.
As for the idea that they 'have to dash some dreams' - thats the way it has always been and probably always will; how about the guys on EFT who don't get streamed where they wanted to go, what about their dreams :(
In some ways it is fairer to do any restreaming at Linton, that way at least the unlucky ones have had a real crack at it rather than judged after little more than a PPL course in a light aircraft.