PDA

View Full Version : Integrated Course Requirements - Flight Training required

DTTogaLI
29th Jan 2009, 04:35
For a Course from 2007, what is the flight time required for the issue of a JAR-ATPL license today? night time, x-country pic, dual instruction, instrument time, spic.. etc..

Had a look at Lasors 2008 and the information is exact but it does not apply for a course from 2007. (right?)
On Lasors 2007 didnīt find it.. http://hellasga.com/downloads/LASORS2007.pdf

non UK btw

Found on JAA site this Jar-FCL 1 Subpart D section 1 from 2006 and is the same that we find on LASORS2008.

FLYING TRAINING
13 The flying training, not including type rating training, shall comprise a total of at least 195 hours, to
include all progress tests, of which up to 55 hours for the entire course may be instrument ground time.
Within the total of 195 hours, applicants shall complete at least:
(a) 95 hours of dual instruction of which up to 55 hours may be instrument ground time;
(b) [ ][70] hours as pilot-in-command including [ ]VFR flight and [ ]instrument flight time as student
pilot-in-command (SPIC). (SPIC time shall be credited as pilot-in-command time, unless the flight
instructor had to influence or control any part of the flight. A ground de-briefing by the flight instructor
does not affect the crediting as pilot-in-command time);
(c) 50 hours of cross-country flight as pilot-in-command including a VFR cross-country flight
totalling at least 540 km (300 NM) in the course of which full stop landings at two aerodromes different
from the aerodrome of departure shall be made;
(d) 5 hours flight time in aeroplanes shall be completed at night comprising 3 hours of dual
instruction including at least 1 hour of cross-country navigation and 5 solo take-offs and 5 solo full stop
landings; and
(e) 115 hours of instrument time comprising[, at least]:
(i) 50 hours of instrument flight instruction of which up to 25 hours may be instrument
ground time in a FNPT I, or 40 hours if the instrument ground training is conducted in an FNPT II or
flight simulator. With the agreement of the approving Authority not more than 10 hours of FNPT II or
flight simulator instrument ground time may be conducted in a FNPT I.
(ii) [ ][20] hours as SPIC; and
(iii) 15 hours multi-crew co-operation, for which a flight simulator or FNPT II may be used.

I would say that this is the answer.. confirm, tnx.

ford cortina
29th Jan 2009, 06:54
Why don't you email, the UK CAA. You will get a definitive answer from them as they are the regulatory body.