PDA

View Full Version : incoming!!

screamingeagle
28th Jan 2009, 11:18
Hello everyone :)

like a lot of people posting here I'm considering a career in flying, but I have a few questions... forgive me for the stupid ones... I'm at the shallow end of the learning curve.

1) I understand that there are different CPL's required for different regions around the world - is there any one place that is better to train than any other? or what are the bridging examinations of say u train in Australia then want to fly in Europe or the states?

2) I have read a lot on various flight school websites about the length of time from training to earning - realisticly what can be expected? From having never had alesson to paid job as a pilot/officer.

3) likewise a lot fo the flight school websites make a note about age (ie start as early as you can etc) - well Im 30, and want to fly - is it really going to matter by the time my training is done and Im out there living the dream so to speak?

anyway,
nice to meet you all :ok:

Halfwayback
28th Jan 2009, 13:42
Welcome to Pprune!

However the questions you ask have been done over and over again.

I could easily move this post and merge it with one of the other existing threads. However there are really three main themes so i will leave it here and ask you to do a bit of research.

You could start at the sticky above about 'Read before posting' and work your way through that lot!

In the meantime I am going to lock this thread to save the a plethora of similar advice

HWB