PDA

View Full Version : Dana Airlines

jetjackel
28th Jan 2009, 10:15
Anyone have any information on conditions and rotations at Dana Air?

Appreciate any info.

:cool:

caribbeanpilot
10th Jun 2009, 22:39
Save yourself the headache my friend. I know someone who worked there and they said it was the most horibble experience they ever had. Pay constantly late, CP and DO no use. CP was hall monitor for living quaters. Save yourself the hassle look somewhere else. Everyone who is working there can't wait to leave as soon as things get better in aviation. Please spread the word around that this place is one of the most horibble places ever. Thanks.

TonyWilliams
8th Jul 2009, 10:49
I believe that they have two or three former Alaska Airlines MD's and they fly between 3 cities.

Five times a day, Lagos - Abuja, and a flight to Enugu. I believe it's owned by Indians.

Dana Air - The Smartest Way to Fly (http://www.flydanaair.com)

jetjackel
9th Jul 2009, 20:28
But.....its Africa. Gotta see it for what it is. Name a company in Nigeria that is any different. Its the beast.

Did get some info off forum.

My contact at Dana says salaries paid 2 days after working month and consistant. 3 different "rotations" home to choose from, and honored. Crews work 8 months with 4 months off with salary. Strong money in the Parent Company. He's ok with it.

Philosophy is that its a "contract job". What's the choice. Not there because they think you are "pals" or you have a cool passport.

Operating 3 MD83's and adding 2 more. Expanding the routes.

:cool:

Baranco
14th Jul 2009, 06:47
Dana Air is an great illusion to all pilots, while it's smooth talking omnipotent wanna be operation manager and the irascible, intractable, sciolist CP will make your present an very unpleasant one, very notable they try to be like normal functioning human beings. If they do not like you, they will run a truculent campaign against your person, that is why, every pilot in the company wants to leave as soon as they can. Many did and all will.
Remuneration is according the believing of the Indian owners, the number 9 is important to them, so, after the calculations of Bhagavan
Sri Sathya Sai Baba, you will get paid late or very late every single time.
Safety is a spurious language they use, CAA is clearly not doing their job.
Management is always circuitous with everything, always trying to vindicate the bad situations they put you in. I strongly recommend not to join this ephemeral company.

Airgypsy
18th Jan 2012, 01:54
New contracts are out!!!!!! Some pilots get one pay rate and the NAIJA pilots get another. When trying to query the company as to why NAIJA pilots who have expat contracts are not brought up to the new standards.... SILENCE!!!!!! As is everything else brought to the attention to Management. FALSE ANSWERS AND PROMISES AS USUAL!!!!! NOBODYWILL EVER GET BACK TO YOU OR ANSWER THE PHONE!!! THEY ALL HIDE FROM THERE OWN SHADOW!!!:\:=:}

Airgypsy
18th Jan 2012, 02:07
Alot of BACKSTABBING and GAMES are played at this Company. Always a sense of conspiracy and paranoia presented by the flight management dept. Always accusing people of things they have not said or done and then try to dismiss them on trumped up charges as if Hitler or BOZO the clown were in charge of this disaster. :ooh:

737-NG
18th Jan 2012, 07:54
If those clows operate old Maddogs, why do they have a picture of a modern 737-NG painted with their livery on their webpage, and no "our fleet" tab like everyone else? Trying to fool the average passenger I guess.

Ethiopia
18th Jan 2012, 09:34
They do have fleet info, under ABOUT US-->FLEET INFORMATION

DANA AIRLINES (http://www.flydanaair.com/fleet_info.aspx)

Airgypsy
19th Jan 2012, 02:37
Everything is a big house of smoke and mirors and deceit. Word from NCAA is they have had it with the ops team running the show. Especily the CP. He has too many run-ins with the NCAA andd has a Ego that is totally out of this world for someone who is sooooo incompetent and demoralising to others to make hinself look good. A true tradgedy for a company that HADDDDDDDDDDD so much potential, but the DFO STILL allows this to happen day after day because he is scared to tell the MD the truth about his dismal decision for hiring such an derelict of a CP. It's truly sad but with a 95% turnover in pilots what else needs to be says!!!!!:) NALPA coming soon to DANA!!!!!!:ok:

dynamite dean
26th Jan 2012, 07:51
All rose tinted spectacles from an experienced poster ....zzzz

atpcliff
31st Jan 2012, 19:49
I recently got emailed/called about job openings for them. Sounds very similar to the situation at Arik Air, and much of Africa.

AimHigher
8th May 2012, 08:51
They have a new Lear 45 used for executive charter. Any word on this part of the operation?

Johnson121
15th May 2012, 22:08
dana air is the worse place you can work at and nigeria as a whole!

The chief pilot Cliff and DFO Wason are both linked to each other and are whimps, liars and every possible thing you can think off. you are promised the whole world but nothing happens, and owned by indians who dont give a ****, over 70 pilots have left withing 3 years of operation and the others go through night mares.

Save your self

Rani
16th May 2012, 17:10
While it's entirely plausible that things at Dana are far from perfect, credit must be given to them for sustaining and growing a solid operation since 2008. They must be doing something right, don't you think?

NaijaNinja
16th May 2012, 20:24
Yes na, huge credit and doing it with no noise and drama; thanks to lots of $$$ from KIA sales.

Johnson121
17th May 2012, 18:14
solid operation , the day will come when the have no staff to operate and they have faced so many problems like that before and over work the crew, solid operation, ask why have they not expanded ?

their learjet 45 operation is criminal as they have no aoc for that aircraft they lie that it is the MD's friends flying for pleasure but they charge, they get away bribing.

and they owe us outstanding salary including my self.

halwise
3rd Jun 2012, 16:44
Looks like the chickens came home to roost:(

SalesConsult
3rd Jun 2012, 18:30
Baranco:
Dana Air is an great illusion...Remuneration is according the believing of the
Indian owners, the number 9 is important to them, so, after the calculations of
Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba, you will get paid late or very late every single
time. Safety is a spurious language they use, CAA is clearly not doing their
job. Management is always circuitous with everything, always trying to
vindicate the bad situations they put you in. I strongly recommend not to join
this ephemeral company.

Johnson121:
... the day will come when the have no staff to operate and they have faced so many problems like that before and over work the crew, solid operation, ask why have they not expanded their learjet 45 operation is criminal as they have no aoc for that aircraft they lie that it is the MD's friends flying for pleasure but they charge, they get away bribing. and they owe us outstanding salary including my self.

Following the crash in Lagos today: the writing was clearly on the wall but those responsible failed to read that wall or chose to look away. If Dana Air management (as some Nigerians allege some Indians do in Nigeria) were bribing their way out, then those within the NCAA clearly have blood of the innocents on their hands. It is not then an indian thing.