PDA

View Full Version : global economy - global career - global training options/opportunities

passion glider
28th Jan 2009, 09:43
Dear all,
Please apologize if this has already been discussed. But so far I found lot of different pieces of info spread around.
Ideally, with today's global economy (besides the actual recession issue...) I would like to discuss :
the opportunities available out there for wannabees (20 years old or 35 years old)
to train
to become a professional pilot (airline, cargo, regional, corporate, air ambulance, instructors etc)
in any region of the world (Europe, US, Canada, MiddleEast, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, South Africa, Asia...)
considering all the licenses/conversions issues and relative citizenships/work permits etc.

Now it can be a quite large amount of info and variables to discuss.
But let's agree that everyone should and will check and verify the rights to work/study in any specific country (and any requirements on lifestyle cold/hot girls etc) and focus instead on the core flying itself:
1.-the training opportunities,
2.-quality of training,
3.-opportunities to build up hours on smaller jobs/training
4.-most recognised license/easier to convert license at lower hours (ok with 5000pic it is relatively easy and most problems have been fixed right?)
is jaa now to convert around the world or is just the same all around?
5.-nicer opportunities to enjoy flying for fun... gliders, cross country trips etc etc (can be personal, but let's focus on how easy and simple just doing it)

thank you all and hope this can be helpful to many of us.
NB: again, I think the best is to focus on the 5 above and then will findout the rest personally.

A big thanks to all, enjoy life, enjoy flying and live your passions. Be true to yourself!

cheers