PDA

View Full Version : Dii - WTF?

Vage Rot
27th Jan 2009, 18:38
Well, spent an hour on Dii this morning and managed to achieve 1 change to an excel document!

Timeline:
Log on - 4 mins
Open document - 20 mins
Make change - 2 mins
Save document 20 mins
close document 12 mins
log off - 2 mins
:rolleyes:

sad timing it all I know but I was interested to see what £x million of public money has bought!! Obviously the government has not learnt their lesson procuring the NHS network system as, I believe, they bought ours from the same people!:ugh:

Think it's time for a rant to my MP!

If you haven't got Dii (R) yet, count your blessings!!

frodo_monkey
27th Jan 2009, 18:39
sad timing it all I know but I was interested to see what £x million of public money has bought!!

Try £7 billion!

Critical_Al
27th Jan 2009, 19:27
If you're not happy, do something constructive about it. Ring 188, ask for "DII" then say you would like to make a complaint rather than log a problem. You may be surprised by the prompt response and the swift phone call back. I'm not promising this will fix the problem but if they don't know, they can't do anything about it.

I used to have a primary duty, then DII came along....:}

Pontius Navigator
27th Jan 2009, 19:30
Dii/r? Not heard of it.

Dii/c was often slower than that.

Dii/f could take two minutes per colour page until they realised the printer was not configurable for the network. File handling however is faster than on Dii/c.

188 is the answer. Some of the operators are pretty good and most speak good English.

Vage Rot
27th Jan 2009, 19:34
Don't worry!!
Complaint made today, we are getting a visit next week to demonstrate and discuss the issue!

Beatriz Fontana
27th Jan 2009, 19:47
Roll on DII (F) eh?

Can't wait.

Not.

spheroid
27th Jan 2009, 21:25
log off - 2 mins

Clearly not using the correct button to log off with.

I find the O N / O F F button does the trick

Duncan D'Sorderlee
28th Jan 2009, 18:56
The brief from Atlas today was to hassle the SPOC. He then suggested that we might get some money to fix the problems - don't hold your breath!

Duncs:ok:

Pontius Navigator
28th Jan 2009, 19:02
Hastle the SPOC by all means but do check the fault report log every day too. They have a nasty habit of putting something like "awaiting customer response" but don't tell you. It is a cop out and means the clock stops while they wait for you.

As soon as I see that I raise a NEW fault report saying that the system didn't tell me that it was waiting for a response. Works wonders.

SirToppamHat
28th Jan 2009, 19:16
Log on - 4 mins

We used to dream of being logged-on in 4 mins (with apologies to Monty P), I've been waiting for nearly 3 weeks to log-on to the RLI, still no estimate of when it'll be sorted.

Dontcha just love civilianisation?

proplover
31st Jan 2009, 18:50
Think you got problems Vage Rot - your not the only one!!

http://www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/335460-new-dii-f-system.html

roadrunner1
31st Jan 2009, 19:29
Moved over to DII(F) last week - I must say, in all seriousness, at this moment in time I am very impressed with the new system; no problems and a pretty decent speed too! That said, what I had previously was very poor, but so far so good.:)

Stuff
1st Feb 2009, 07:57
That's because you are the only user of the system. The rest of us are still offline with this damn virus.