PDA

View Full Version : Flight schools in Hampshire???

kurt0375
27th Jan 2009, 11:26
Does any one know of any flight schools in Hampshire or near Basingstoke?
Thanks
Kurt

Chesty Morgan
27th Jan 2009, 11:36
Google does.
flying schools hampshire - Google Search (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=flying+schools+hampshire&btnG=Google+Search&meta=)

Genghis the Engineer
27th Jan 2009, 12:03
From Basingstoke my first choice would probably be Western Air at Thruxton. Damned good all-day breakfast there too!

G

CABUS
27th Jan 2009, 13:03
For PPL training, Thruxton are good as previously suggested I must also reccomend Solent Flight based between Winchester and Southampton with some a/c based at Bournemouth. From personal experence they are excellent with a variaty for aircraft from VLA'a to all singing PA28's fully Garmin equiped, their CFI is a Flybe Training Capt and a great bloke. It is run by a guy called Andy who will go out of his way to help anyone get flying. I am sure they will also offer some excellent hour building packages if that is what you are interested in. They offered me a great package on a variety of aircraft some flights with instructors to keep me progressing and setting targets to achieve in prep for CPL, unfortunalty due to family issues I was not able to take them up on their excellent offer.

If you are looking at CPL/IR I would look at BCFT and PAT in the big B'mouth.

Hope this helps

CABUS

Blinkz
27th Jan 2009, 14:11
I lived in Hampshire, just south of Basingstoke. I did some GA flying out of Blackbushe, and they were always helpful.

PilotPieces
27th Jan 2009, 14:50
I am currently with Blackbushe aviation. Nice big runway, never really too busy and all the local area stuff is done out over basingstoke way.

No complaints but I have nothing to compare it too really.

XXPLOD
27th Jan 2009, 21:26
I fly from Thruxton. Good instructors at Western Air. Friendly, relaxed outfit.