PDA

View Full Version : Logging time in C208

abhi88
26th Jan 2009, 18:39
Just curious!!:8 Is it possible to log flight time as PICUS or P2 in a C208b??

Finals19
26th Jan 2009, 19:47
If its certified two crew for the purposes of the AOC, then yes P2 can be logged. Its not officially a class A aircraft and its under 5700kg (?) As for PICUS, is that not reserved for flight tests and line checks?

jimsmitty01
26th Jan 2009, 20:43
Tell you what, call up the CAA they'll ask for 200 quid up front, and then they will tell you they don't know, and to look in 'LASORS'. If they do send any info it'll be by 2nd class post as they are, and I quote 'trying to survive the credit crunch'.....

abhi88
27th Jan 2009, 06:11
hmm..This is getting really confusing??:confused: Iam being offered a position as FO in a C208 in central america to build time initially since i donot meet their insurance requirements.. They said all the flights flown on the right seat can be logged as PICUS as local regulations permit them to...
But I just want to be sure that this time logged has validity outside central america!!

Can somebody who has previously done this give some info???

StraightLevel
27th Jan 2009, 07:10
It is possible in the UK, but don't know about other countries.

I currently fly a single-pilot aircraft as an FO, and log my HP time as PICUS with a signature from the Captain in my logbook to verify this.

It is in our Ops Manual that we must fly our missions/aircraft multi-pilot, so the CAA accept the hours can be logged as multi-pilot hours.

I think that it has to say in the Ops Manual that the AC/mission must be flown multi-pilot in order for you to be able to log the hours.

StraightLevel

5 RINGS
27th Jan 2009, 08:29
I benefitted as well from this multicrew ops thing to log SPA time as multicrew time...however, how can you operate under AOC with multicrew ops manual on a single engine aircraft...which is not allowed for public transport under IFR in Europe???

Hansard
27th Jan 2009, 09:54
I believe this aircraft requires a Type Rating in the UK (or is it a Class Rating?). In the UK one cannot legally log hours on an aircraft unless one is suitably rated/qualified.

StraightLevel
27th Jan 2009, 11:08
Sorry Folks. I think my last post may be slightly misleading, and possibly irrelevant.

What I failed to mention was the type of aircraft which I fly which is a multi-engine, single pilot type, flown multi-crew, in a non public transport role.

In my last post I was meaning that it is possible in certain operations to log multi-pilot hours in a single pilot aircraft, but the original poster was asking specifically about the C208.

StraightLevel

Vanpilot
27th Jan 2009, 16:20
:bored:

Wouldn't think you could get away with two crew in a C208B. It only needs one Pilot. It does not require and second for aoc work ( VFR only )as far as I know.

I think a second pilot in that aircaft is more along the lines of safety Pilot. Our friend from Scotland would be flying a single Pilot jet which would then require and second Pilot for AOC ops.

Have a fair few hours in the C208b and I think you'd have to try hard to convince me it needed two Pilots.....it only just needs one:)

Fair_Weather_Flyer
27th Jan 2009, 16:43
I have also logged time in single crew aircraft flown as multi crew. LASORS section regarding issue of the ATPL covers this issue. To count the hours in the logbook the CAA will require the operator to have a valid multi crew AOC. This requires:-

-A valid reason for operating with more than one crew i.e high workload due to the nature of the operation such as ambulance work, calibration or other special missions
-Multi-crew procedures in the ops manual
-The aircraft must have similar instrumentation both sides of the cockpit. Don't know about the Caravan but this would rule a Seneca or Islander out
-Pilots to have a valid LPC/OPC and meet all other experience and recency requirements

Now, as the Caravan is VFR only I don't think anyone is going to be able to justify operating it multi crew, in the UK at least; meaning unloggable hours. If the hours were logged abroad, expect the CAA to ask for evidence of a proper multi crew operation, probably the AOC. Hope this helps!

abhi88
27th Jan 2009, 17:59
Thanks very much for the information everyone..:) That should clear my doubts...