PDA

View Full Version : AFPS 75 to AFPS 05??

brian.kayll
26th Jan 2009, 15:11
Has anyone managed to changeover to the new pension scheme after the OTT??

Heard of snags with Personal Bulletin Scheme but sadly mine must be the only one they got right.
Thought there was a statement in one of the glossy brochures about Opting out, but what they actually meant was NO CHANCE!!
If you leave for 30 days and then join back up you go straight onto AFPS 05. Why leave?? I want to stay in and change!
If you transfer to a different service you go onto AFPS 05?? I don't want to go to the Army or Navy....no offence. But I do want to go onto 05!

I cannot really see what the problem is. As your career path changes then surely your pension could change with you. I think our great leaders are missing a trick here. This could be used as a valuable retention tool to keep highly experienced/trained people in the service. Not to difficult to administer either through the pensions division. More people would eventually go onto AFPS 05 so after time we would have one scheme.

I know some people may respond with comments "like dry your eyes wet pants. It was a one of offer 4 years ago."

BUT WHY?? Got that of my chest, whinge over!!

Admin_Guru
26th Jan 2009, 15:18
Dry your eyes wet pants, it was a one off offer 4 years ago. :ok:

Bladdered
26th Jan 2009, 15:31
Why would you want to?

Ed

Gnd
26th Jan 2009, 20:43
People spent too many hours bleating about how it was a con and now can see that it was good, cost a certain amount to the Gov if people transferred but saves in the long run.

They hedged their bets that people would moan and not take the offer; they got it right I guess!!!

Not much chance of them being nice now people have woken up to the reality - mores the pity!!!

Mister-T
26th Jan 2009, 21:03
I looked my statement over with a very fine toothcomb, found a mistake and hey presto I am now on 05. The mistake on mine was the run out date.