PDA

View Full Version : Type Rating Base training

techboy
24th Jan 2009, 20:56
I am aware there are type courses on 737NG and A320 for approx 15-17000GBP
However these course prices exclude base training.
I believe this will be the reason for the expensive 28000euro(incl Tax) CAE/Ryanair course.

My question is, do you have to complete the TR course + base training( 4-6 touch and go's ) before you can apply to the CAA for type on licence?

bucket_and_spade
24th Jan 2009, 21:01
99% sure you do, yes. The definitive answer will be in the CAA's LASORS document on their website.

EpsilonVaz
24th Jan 2009, 22:01
Yes, and there is also a limitation on the time between your LST and base training as far as I know. LASORS holds all the answers :ok:.

sickofitall
24th Jan 2009, 22:31
Base training is part of the type rating...it must be completed before the CAA will put the type on your licence. The number of circuits is dependant on previous types that you may have flown but the best bet is to budget for 6. In some cases the circuits can be completed in a simulator but again this is dependant on previous experience/ aircraft types.

no sponsor
25th Jan 2009, 00:43
If it's your first multi-crew jet rating, then you must do the circuits in the actual aircraft. If, and I think it is more than 500hrs multi-crew and your second type, you may do the circuits in a ZFT certified sim, but the TRTO must also be ZFT certified.

Greenlights
11th Aug 2012, 13:45
Hey Guys,

I have very important question, and that case I diid not find yet...

Well, I will do a TR at Toulouse (france) but my job will be in asia.

I understand that the base training, touch and go, are part the TR.

BUT, I will do this (the touch and go! ), I guess, in asia ! not in europe :/

My question : Can the TR be on my JAA LICENCE ?

IMO, I would say "no" :(.

In that case, does it mean, it is considered like a "foreign" TR ?? and so I will have to get 500h on type and passed a JAA TEST with JAA TRE ?

:ugh:

thanks !