PDA

View Full Version : A New Commercial Pilot Among Us!

SASless
24th Jan 2009, 20:27
Congratulations Dearest Whirls.....I reckon the old sods will have to shift over a bit at the bar now!

Give'em shoes and the vote and nothing is sacred anymore....next you know she will be wanting to earn a living flying instead of gang auditing folks!

Well Done, Mi'Lady!:D:D:D:D

206Fan
24th Jan 2009, 21:12
Congratulations whirls..:D:D

Whats the next hurdle?

Dave

Whirlybird
24th Jan 2009, 21:25
Well done Whirls! :D:D:D:D:D

Senior Pilot
24th Jan 2009, 21:35
Excellent: well done :ok:

Foxy Loxy
24th Jan 2009, 21:38
Well done that girl!

http://209.85.48.8/1889/52/emo/helicopter1.gif

Whirlygig
24th Jan 2009, 21:43
Thanks chaps and chapesses and, of course, Sassy Dahling; it's been a long old process with several cancellations due to weather but a gap between the cold fronts and I made it.

Davy, the next hurdle is making a decision in this economic climate :}

Cheers

Whirls

Smike
24th Jan 2009, 21:50
Yep, i've just finished my cpl. I'm a happy bunny! Now i'm ready for the hardest part of this(being a low timer)...or not,hehehe...

Cheers!

ShyTorque
24th Jan 2009, 21:56
Very well done Whirls.

I've been on tenterhooks for ages ;)

Whirlygig
24th Jan 2009, 22:00
Well I hope I didn't keep you in suspenders ShyT? :E

Cheers

Whirls

Whirlygig
24th Jan 2009, 22:49
Congratulations Smike.

You and me both - the hardest thing now is making the right decision in going forward :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

206Fan
24th Jan 2009, 22:54
Nice one smike :D

Good luck with whatever route you and whirls go next.:ok:

Dave

Whirlygig
24th Jan 2009, 22:57
Careful Davy, you make that sound like Smike and I are an item ??? :}

Cheers

Whirls

206Fan
24th Jan 2009, 23:18
Careful Davy, you make that sound like Smike and I are an item ???

Why have i stumbled apon something i shouldn't know about??:E:E

Whirlygig
24th Jan 2009, 23:24
Er no Davy, just re-read your penultimate post? :O Smike and I may well make different decisions and go in different directions :eek:

Just teasin' :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

206Fan
24th Jan 2009, 23:41
LOL.

Yea i should have re-worded my above statement haha :}!

Anyway il be eager to hear what you and smike decide to do next in the industry. Things arn't the most brightest. I was hopeing to get stuck into my hour building but il be going back to college again by the looks of things, im seriously out of options at the minute!

Cheers
Dave

Whirlygig
24th Jan 2009, 23:48
Davy, going back to college is probably the best option at the moment; at least I have a day job and, whilst it may be the second most boring job in the world, there is always a need for accountants :ok:

Choose your subjects carefully and use your hour-building time to improve accuracy, RT discipline, saying your checks out loud and understanding pre-flight procedures.

Cheers

Whirls

heliski22
25th Jan 2009, 07:14
Well done, Whirls!!

As for decision-making and what direction to go, there remains only one objcetive...........

........to bring your hours up to match your posts on PPRuNe!!!!

Have fun on the way!!

Smike
25th Jan 2009, 08:54
Arg!missed your post Whirls...congrats to you aswell and thx you all.

About the next step, ummm...first thing is gettng my finances back to shape. Things are not at its best now but i already knew that before starting the adventure. Spain has kind of a small heli busyness so few chances for starters, althought might be similar to other places. I'll take my car and cv and tour the country to see reactions...one never knows...

Best of luck in your career Whirls!

Cheers!

Whirlybird
25th Jan 2009, 09:22
To save confusion all over again...

WhirlyGIG = Whirls
WhirlyBIRD = Whirly

And contrary to some rumours, we are definitely not one and the same person!!!

Congrats again Whirls and Smike. :ok:

Smike
25th Jan 2009, 09:54
Ouch! My bad.

Corrected...

Regards

airborne_artist
25th Jan 2009, 10:25
Hope you celebrated with some lardy cake, Whirls?

Whirlygig
25th Jan 2009, 10:51
Unfortunately not as supplies in the flatlands are scarce; my normal "dealer" having booggered orf to the States. However, had the next best thing - me Nan's bread pudding :ok:

Must sort out paperwork and fees and forms and stuff :}

Cheers

Whirls

Matari
25th Jan 2009, 13:17
Whirls, congratulations on your new ticket.

Sas quote: ...next you know she will be wanting to earn a living flying instead of gang auditing folks!May I suggest a career combining both auditing and helicopters? Imagine...flying into the parking lot of your target business, disembarking with calculator in hand, wearing stilettos of course, with a stylish Pierre Cardin flying scarf neatly tucked into your oh-so-form fitting leather flying jacket. Sunglasses optional depending upon weather.

I suspect your intended audit would last about thirty seconds, as your poor beancounting adversary opens his books, confesses to everything, and wishes he'd never tried to claim that nice roast lamb with mint jelly as a genuine business expense...

(I see a television series in the making...)

SASless
25th Jan 2009, 13:37
Actually....she would step down onto the tarmac wearing her Gold Lame Go-Go Boots, Green Beehive Hairdo, Banjo in hand....and after a couple of chords of Mary's Wedding....the opponent would surrender rather than endure a torture worst than the Rack and a Water Board combined.

DBChopper
25th Jan 2009, 14:29
Well done Whirls!

Glad you managed it after all those cancellations :ok:

S'pose I'd better finsh those exams then... :uhoh:

helimutt
25th Jan 2009, 16:13
Well done Whirls. About bloody time though!

:ok:

choppertop
25th Jan 2009, 17:19
Nice manoeuvre, cyclic sister! Congrats.

The way I see it, ur choice now is whether you do a JAR IR or, possibly the JAR IR. It maybe worth giving the JAR IR some consideration too.

C-top x

Smike
25th Jan 2009, 21:18
i might go for the second one,definately the most convenient...;o)

seang
25th Jan 2009, 22:40
Whirls, I am green with envy (why do we go green with envy?) Big congratulations and good luck
Seang

Heli-Ice
25th Jan 2009, 22:55
Nice work Whirls!

Congratulations!

170'
26th Jan 2009, 12:18
Well done Whirls!

I'm sure that waiting so long makes it the sweeter now you're there!
Very best wishes for your future...170

Pandalet
26th Jan 2009, 13:49
And congrats from us :ok:

We really should get together for a proper celebration sometime - we have some rather good plonk that needs an excuse...

Brilliant Stuff
26th Jan 2009, 23:10
CONGRATULATONS!!!!!!!!!!! Whirls. Don't worry there will be a job out there waiting for you, just don't give up hope.:ok:

puntosaurus
26th Jan 2009, 23:34
What was it like having Fred trembling with anticipation in the seat next to you ? Did he wear his shapely HiVis anorak, or did he strip that off for your encounter ? How was the small talk ?

Whirlygig
27th Jan 2009, 06:50
Thanks everyone; one has now sobered up :ok:

Punto - I couldn't tell whether Fred was trembling under his CAA issue hi-vis anorak but in all fairness, it was quite nippy so it may have been shivering. :} No small talk during the flight as I need all 5 of my brain cells to fly - even now :eek: but I learnt a lot whilst we were hanging around waiting for the cloud to lift (thanks to the Bristow guys who reported the cloud base to us :ok:). However, micturation extracted when I put 15 lbs as the weight of items in the glove box for the M&B calc. Seems reasonable to me, 's'bout what my handbag weighs :p

Pandalet, I'll take you up on that :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

topendtorque
27th Jan 2009, 11:36
whirligig,
A long awaited event.
good show and good luck!

Beamish Boy
28th Jan 2009, 21:23
OK. It's all my fault! I arranged for Whirls to have that first helicopter flight (in a BO105) during the Manchester Commonwealth Games.
Congratulations :D:D:D

stiknruda
29th Jan 2009, 11:39
Well done you!

Stik (and Mrs Stik - a non Ppruner)

whoateallthepies
30th Jan 2009, 06:29
Whirls
Never met you :{ but always enjoy your posts.
Many congratulations and good luck for the future.

Safe Flying http://i.1asphost.com/whoateallthepies/pie.jpg

heliski22
30th Jan 2009, 09:49
Whoateallthepies

A treat in store for you then, eh? Delightful lady, though I haven't yet heard the banjo playing for myself and I remain singularly unconvinced about the cats!!!