PDA

View Full Version : pleasure flying jobs or air photography jobs abroad

jamie230985
24th Jan 2009, 09:52
I have just graduated with my brand new shiny CPL & Multi IR, with approx 250 hours & I am now looking for a job in this chaotic industry.

I have ruled out airlines already as the downturn has resulted in far too many qualified pilots with vast amounts of hours trying for these. I have booked myself on a FI course but nobody seems to be looking for instructors at the moment either.

I am wondering whether anyone has any ideas of where I can head off to to find work. I'm young & free & have no ties so its the perfect chance to leave the dreary UK to find pastures new.

If anyone has any info on bush flying, pleasure flying, air taxi or air photography organisations it would be greatly appreciated?!

Thanks

Jamie

beachbumflyer
25th Jan 2009, 23:41
In the U.S. you could probably find a job as a flight instructor.

Leave 5 on the glide
26th Jan 2009, 07:56
Would you not need some sort of permit to work/green card for the U.S.?

l5otg

B Sousa
26th Jan 2009, 14:14
Immigration is a problem in the U.S. Not going to work without a VISA. Quite frankly if your intelligent, have an occupation or some skill and prepared to work, the U.S. does not want you. You wont vote for handouts like all the third worlders walking across the border.

I suggest looking at Africa. There is another website out there, but if I post it here, it will get dumped. Look around or drop me a PM.

pdsgillett
9th Feb 2009, 20:36
Back to the Carribean, are the any oppertunites for 250 hr guys with a JAR license??

B Sousa
10th Feb 2009, 00:43
oppertunites Hmm with that I would say yes. Bartender comes to mind.

In all seriousness low time is a crippler anywhere. If your an instructor maybe, but most of the Commuters want ATPS with multi time at a minimum.
Best way is take some time, visit, and knock on doors. A face to a resume works much better.

pdsgillett
10th Feb 2009, 10:45
B Sousa

Thanks for the advice, Bar tending is looking like a good option at present. I agree most of these places want to see face to a CV, is there any specific islands that might be worth concentrating on (they have a lot of operators there). I'm not to familiar with this part of the world at present.

Any input on firms in the caribbean is appreciated- the floor is open

B Sousa
10th Feb 2009, 12:49
Since your from the UK, any of the U.S. islands would be out due to Immigration problems. ( Your employable and have more than half a brain with the work ethic)
I assume its fixed wing? I suggest starting in the Bahamas and work down island. You can hop here and there cheap if you spend a few days and get to know some of the commuter folks. So I suggest starting in the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, BVI, and as far down as Nevis if you have too. If nothing else you will have had a good time and see the places like few tourists do.
I have a few connects in a couple islands if you island hop and are living out of a back pack. PM and I will pass them on .
After having worked there for a few years Im jealous. It will be a fun experience even if you dont find work. Things are tourist price but you can do better.

P.S. Hope your single, you will understand once you get there.