PDA

View Full Version : pleasure flying jobs or air photography jobs abroad

jamie230985
24th Jan 2009, 09:19
I have just graduated with my brand new shiny CPL & Multi IR, with approx 250 hours & I am now looking for a job in this chaotic industry.

I have ruled out airlines already as the downturn has resulted in far too many qualified pilots with vast amounts of hours trying for these. I have booked myself on a FI course but nobody seems to be looking for instructors at the moment either.

I am wondering whether anyone has any ideas of where I can head off to to find work. I'm young & free & have no ties so its the perfect chance to leave the dreary UK to find pastures new.

If anyone has any info on bush flying, pleasure flying, air taxi or air photography organisations it would be greatly appreciated?!

Thanks

Jamie

deltaxray
24th Jan 2009, 09:55
Im in the exact same position:(
Id also love any info!

abhi88
24th Jan 2009, 10:02
:OMe too...

adverse-bump
24th Jan 2009, 22:35
have you tried ravenair at lpl, they always seem welcome to FI's.

jamie230985
25th Jan 2009, 12:20
yes tried ravenair & the have no positions available for FI's in the current climate!!

INNflight
25th Jan 2009, 15:16
I guess the major problem with bush flying jobs is that they don't advertise. E-mailing them won't help either.

All you could do is book a ticket down to Namibia or whatever country, and knock on doors for a couple of weeks. If you're lucky you get a job, if not, back home again :(

portsharbourflyer
25th Jan 2009, 17:07
Botswana and Zambia are countries where ex-pats can find flying work. However you will need to time your visit with the recruitment season. Most Bush Operators will recruit between Feb to March for the tourist season starting in April. So next month would actually be a good time to head to Africa.

Flintstone
25th Jan 2009, 21:46
PM and ask (username) South Coast about african aviation. You could also try the African Forum.

inner
26th Jan 2009, 06:29
Please check PM