PDA

View Full Version : Skylark Aviation

Mile High Nutcase
24th Jan 2009, 00:04
Can anybody shed some light on this company.

Where are they based?
What aircraft do they operate?

all help will be much appreciatied

Regards

MHN

preduk
24th Jan 2009, 10:02
Prestwick Flying Club - Havilland Chipmunks.

Good bunch of guys! If you need any details give me a buzz, used to fly there. :ok:

Mile High Nutcase
24th Jan 2009, 15:13
I'm actually hoping to hear about a different company with the same name Skylark Aviation.

I believe it's a Flight Crew Leasing Company

regards
MHN

Phileas Fogg
24th Jan 2009, 18:47
Well if it's a Flight Crew agency then why ask what aircraft they operate if they are not an aircraft operator?

Mile High Nutcase
24th Jan 2009, 18:52
heard a rumour they had an opening for A320, but nobody seems to know anything about them.

MHN

planeinstructor
24th Jan 2009, 18:53
I have talked to Stuart-Martin,
is this the same person? Have you had much contact with them there does not seem to be much information out there on the operation?

preduk
24th Jan 2009, 18:55
Skylark Aviation Ltd are here - Skylark Aviation Ltd - historic aircraft in the West of Scotland (http://www.skylarkaviation.co.uk/)

However, I did come across this post:

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/357711-skylark-aviation-anyone.html

Mile High Nutcase
24th Jan 2009, 18:58
Plane Instructor you know what i'm on about. i've exchanged a few emails with him. how much contact have you had with them and what do u know about it.

MHn

planeinstructor
8th Feb 2009, 00:56
Sorry MHN I have not been around much..

I did talk to this person he tells me that I need to send him 1000.00 USD for deposit on sim training in Madrid or Dubai also interview are in New York dates have changed 3 times! and if selected training starts in early April. If you are not selected you get the money back?

Has anyone out there done this before does this sound on the up and up???

Phileas Fogg
8th Feb 2009, 22:39
This is what the Oxford English Dictionary says of, the verb, Skylark:

play practical jokes or indulge in horseplay.

check it out for oneself at AskOxford: Free online dictionary resources from Oxford University Press (http://www.askoxford.com) :)

Mile High Nutcase
8th Feb 2009, 22:59
Plane Instructor

I've been talking to this guy as well. He's asked me to send him 1500 US dollars as a security deposit. He told me Interviews are in paris on the 15th Feb (why would anyone do interviews on a sunday?) but he's not giving me any other information. I was going to send him the money through my bank but he didn't give me the company address so when i asked him for it he gave me an address which was for his bank and told me his offices are in the same building. He still hasn't given me his office phone number. things just don't add up with this guy. when i first spoke to him he told me the last date for my application was 26 jan, i delayed it and he kept on extending the ''last date'' just for me. i still have a last date of tomorrow to pay the deposit.

Personally i think this is a scam and I wont be going ahead with it.

regards MHN

Mile High Nutcase
8th Feb 2009, 23:15
''play practical jokes or indulge in horseplay.''

Phileas Fogg - That just about honestly summs up this company called Skylark Aviation. The guy is trying to play a joke on people like us..

For information

The company SKYLARK AVIATION we are referring to, is based in Mumbai, India and i believe it has no connection to a company based in the UK by the same name operating Chipmunks.

Their website is SKYLARK-AVIATION.COM

None of the links work, there is no contact info, and quite frankly the guy we refer to is called STUART MARTIN. He is very Indian and i have no idea why he has an Irish name.

Regards
MHN

winga380
9th Feb 2009, 12:17
They wanted me to transfer $1000 in advance, even though he said it is refundable. so I asked him what the difference between pay in advance and pay in later is, he didn't give reasonable answer, just said yes or no.
He was obessed with getting the money and focusing on it. He kept calling me. He told me he could come to my country for interview at first, and then a couple of days later, he told me he could come to my place for interview. His story, as well, kept changing. I couldn't count on him(stuart martin).

He sent me the bank account. Unfortunatly, that account was personal account, not corporation account, though he said he has been doing this business over 18years. It is bull****. I couldn't send the money.

whether believe them or not is up to you

Fg Off Max Stout
9th Feb 2009, 19:58
Yeah, yeah... and General Umbongo of Nigeria has just left me $20m in his will subject to the official upfront admin fee. If it looks like s**t and stinks like s**t, it probably is s**t. You still want to see if it tastes like chocolate?

flyingmutant
9th Feb 2009, 20:26
Websites registered to:

Name: Shaival Kulshreshtha
Company: Coraleye
Address:Agra

City: Agra
State: Uttar Pradesh
Zip: 282005
Tel No: 562 4031627
Fax No:
Email: [email protected]

Now a real company wouldn't be using gmail and would publish their address!

Phileas Fogg
9th Feb 2009, 21:05
If one googles for Shaival Kulshreshtha then it seems he is a web services provider.

But according to the Skylark website they have been going for circa 30 years, a quote of 18+ years earlier in this thread, OK the internet hasn't been around that long but gmail addresses are, in comparison, a very new thing.

So, it may seem that, the Skylark website was only registered after gmail addresses came in to existence and it is not a historic company of 18 or 30 years whatsoever.

Anyone in India care to investigate the company's date of incorporatiion and/or if it has ever been incorporated at all?

Mile High Nutcase
9th Feb 2009, 22:48
I've checked most of the indian business directories online and this company is not in any one of them. Dont send him any money.. it seems a fake

MHN

planeinstructor
10th Feb 2009, 00:58
I agree DO NOT SEND him any money. If I talk to him I will defiantly give him a piece of my mind!!
Cheers all.

potkettleblack
10th Mar 2009, 12:38
Its like talking to a call centre these days ain't it? Hi my name is Stuart Martin (insert thick Indian accent).

Poor grammer is a bit of a give away if you ask me. Tread carefully folks. Ask yourself why are there jobs in India on the A320 when their local CAA is turfing out expats. I don't think so somehow.

Aravinth
17th Mar 2009, 08:14
This is what I got.

"Aravinth,

Thanks for your email.

Yes we have some openings available for A320 type rated Cpl holders in
Middle East.

The application fees is US$ 1500 which is refundable if not selected.

Last date of application is Wednesday 19th March.

If you are interested,Please send us your CV and scan copy of passport.

Thanks,

Best Regards

Capt Shiv Narayan"

Mile High Nutcase
17th Mar 2009, 21:11
Dont do it son,

I was told the deposit of $1500 is payable only if you are NOT type rated.

it seems they're telling you to pay the deposit even if you are type rated.

ask them to send you the application form, it is so fake, like a ten year old made it up.

I bet they will extend the last date of application ''just for you'' if you tell them you're interested but can't pay the deposit until, say the 20th.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Regards
MHN

super ted123
22nd Mar 2009, 10:28
Guys come on!!

I know these are desperate times but really, this is so CLEARLY a total scam.

Anyone with the ability to make a website could make up a story about being an airline agency and then make up jobs to entice pilots with.

Oh, you have to pay me $1500 or what ever it is to apply, desperate pilot pays up and you never hear from the guy again.

I havent looked into it, I just came on here for a bit of surfing but really :ugh:

Do yourself a favour and never send or pay for anything up front, it has to be the golden rule.

Best of luck,

ST

Impression
23rd Mar 2009, 20:46
I got call from Stuart today. B737 FO position in the Middle East. Send $1500 with application. Deadline Thursday March 26, 2009.

gigablade
24th Mar 2009, 17:58
its definately a scam, the last date for all the application forms seems to be a day or two after you contact them. While all the airlines mentioned by them do seem to exist, but the experience required to apply for them is a lot more than what Skylark is telling.
The website seems real geniune but it doesn't give one address or take anyone's name... :=
I have heard of a few airlines taking a nominal fee for the application but nothing as large as $1500. And I haven't heard one guy (except Stuart Martin) say its the real deal!!

Stuart Martin
25th Mar 2009, 03:22
All you dickheads....I am not writing this post for any justification but when you dont have potential and hours....either you need to pay up for the Job OR be unemployed .

We have special point of contact with our partner airlines and can definately assist poor chaps like you with work.

If these position were offered withour any fees...you bet I would have got zillions of calls and emails from all you ASSHOLES,But the moment we added our fees ..it sounds SCAM for all.

Anyways you all are going great guns and hey We never knew with some US$ 1500 odd dollars we can survive all our lives or change our destiny.:rolleyes:

Keep going....you all ******* either underemployed or unemployed GEEKS...:rolleyes:

All the best!!!!

CHEERS:suspect:

Stuart Martin
25th Mar 2009, 21:52
All you ******* loosers who have posted about me or our company...have balls by showing your true name.!!!!!!:ugh:

And Last but not least read my words...Without having influence or paying some money none of you ******* waste of sperm will get a Job for next 3 years.

Cover your asses and keep using your TIME by posting ...coz apart from it you guys are left with no other work....LOOOOOOOOOSSSSSERRRRRSSSSS....:{

**** OFF!!!!!!

Andy_R
26th Mar 2009, 00:06
Nice fellow.

planeinstructor
26th Mar 2009, 03:33
Stuart Martin,

Why do you sound so bitter? You are making the case for all on this site the way you respond so unprofessional.

That is, this whole business of money up front, does not sound on the the up & up.

Cheers

Stuart Martin
26th Mar 2009, 04:00
when you accuse someone for no reason ....humans like me does tend to go profane.

Look i never forced anyone ever to pay the fees....all above posts make sense when i take money but dont deliver...

Most of the people who had faith on us and paid the fees did get the Job or got refunded

I dont think its bizarre when i tell the candidates to pay a fees for the Job upfront....all those people who have posted above have not paid us ....so its none of their business to call our services SCAM.

I AM TRUE TO AVIATION COMMUNITY AND WILL DO OVER TO ASSIST AND PROVIDE JOB OF MY PERSONAL CONTACTS TO ANY NEEDY CHAP.

And one more reason I ask for upfront payment coz loads of geeks did get JOB through my support but didnt pay my fees ...

I completely understand people tend to be sceptical coz theres lot many people doing SCAM especially in the North America...:=

But hey not all are same.:ouch:

Anyways I have no grudges for anyone who posted **** about me on previous posts...:bored:

I would wish all your aviation dreams come true and you guys get what you deserve!!!!:)

All the best.:D

Cheers!!!!!:ok::ok:

PPRuNe Towers
26th Mar 2009, 21:24
No go near this buffoon.

But you'd already worked this out hadn't you?

Rob

Spunky Monkey
30th Mar 2009, 11:44
Ha ha ha

Now where did I leave my cheque book.
Ah yes I lent it to a Nigerian Oil Broker.

What a scammer.

The world would be a better place if we could just shoot a few dozen of these people.
They prey on the desperate, the ill and the feckless.

A sad reflection of the modern age.

aviatorindemand
22nd Mar 2011, 09:00
Looks like they are back in business.

Same game new players. No More Stuart Martin or Shiv Narayan. 2 new guys. Probably the same one with new identities. However, one of them only emails and never calls. The calling is all left to the other guy. So probably it might be one guy only playing both the sides.

Got a call with almost the same deal. Pay $1500 as a REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT for verification of all your licenses and details by a third party company following which will be an interview in another country fully paid for by the airline you will be interviewing with. And the amount is only because you are non type-rated.

They even offered to pay the bulk of the amount as a favor and I would be required to only shell out a couple of hundreds just for the verification and rest they can recover from the refund. Why not then pay the whole amount and recover everything from the refund? The last date of application keeps getting extended and you are the perfect fit for the job. How can they even guarantee a job? Isn't it upon the pilot's skills and their interview?

All email addresses are personal accounts. Nothing official. The official website does not work. Nor do any phone numbers they call from. Hell even the bank account is in another company's name. No company details whatsoever in any call or email.

I might have taken them seriously had they at least made valid claims and stuck to their words. Or at least have a legal contract signed with you before they ask you to transfer the money. Whenever they contact you the last date is within the next 2-3 days. Just enough time to arrange the money and transfer it but never enough to make inquiries or find out more detail. They are just as vague on the calls and go into lengthy conversations on how the understand your apprehensions and fears and had similar experience.

These guys sure are desperate and know where and whom to strike. I wonder where they get all the contact info from. Wherever or whoever it is that gives them the info should be the first one to be caught and assassinated. That's the real culprit. Playing with the emotions of pilots already under loads of stress due to the current job market situation.

If you see them coming, don't run. Stand your ground and crush them. Get some solid info about them and then feed 'em to the dogs.

All the Best. :ok:

A330ETOPS
22nd Mar 2011, 12:02
Has anybody 'actually' sent them any cash??