PDA

View Full Version : Airmiles for charity?

Riskman
23rd Jan 2009, 22:10
I have accumulated a few Airmiles which I am unlikely to redeem, and I don't use the credit cards that promote them.

The WWF take gash airmiles so I e-mailed the RBL to see if they could use them and got a stiff ignoring.

Does anyone know of a charity, preferably military oriented, to whom I could donate them?

Thanks in advance etc.

R

airborne_artist
24th Jan 2009, 06:27
You can sell them on Ebay, and then pop the proceeds into a tin/by cheque to your chosen recipient, perhaps?

FWIW I raised £3,000 for the RBL selling stuff on Ebay (the TVAM video), and got no ack until I pushed them. Pretty surprised about that, I'm afraid to say.

Riskman
24th Jan 2009, 20:08
A_A,

The RBL's attitude is a bit puzzling, however I think I'll have another go.

Thanks

R

airborne_artist
24th Jan 2009, 20:38
My opinion of the RBL's head office attitude is pretty low, and I don't think they get the electronic world, at all.

racedo
24th Jan 2009, 20:44
In the US I know many people have donated Air Miles back to various airlines where they are used to ensure returning Vets get flights back from their base to their homes etc.

Kind of surprised that BA hasn't done something like that as it would be a very good PR move and could be used to enable service families enjoy flights to some sun locations if they so wanted post tour.

In fairness its cost would be small but it would mean the world to the people who benefit.