PDA

View Full Version : Free movie websites?

weido_salt
22nd Jan 2009, 16:05
Hi. I have done a search on pprune but cant find what I want.

Does anyone know of a website where I can legally download full length movies/feature films?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Parapunter
22nd Jan 2009, 16:37
Feature films have owners, which means they're subject to copyright. This is why you can't get them legally for free. Go rent a dvd ya cheapshot:}

Reluctant737
22nd Jan 2009, 17:29
The answer is Watch Movies Online For Free Full Movie Downloads (http://www.watch-movies.net).

100% legal =D I use it myself sometimes.

Best regards, Ad

preduk
22nd Jan 2009, 17:37
The answer is Watch Movies Online For Free Full Movie Downloads (http://www.watch-movies.net/).

100% legal =D I use it myself sometimes.

Best regards, Ad

Sadly, it's not 100% legal at all.

The video content you are watching has been illegally copied and uploaded to the internet for others to watch, the site is just used to advertise the links however that doesn't make it legal to watch them.

weido_salt
22nd Jan 2009, 18:33
Thankin' ya' all for those replies. All of ya' ya hear. Come-on son, we're going home.

Bushfiva
23rd Jan 2009, 01:41
archive.org has movies that are out of copyright.

A-V-8R
23rd Jan 2009, 17:12
Several streaming sites are available....

I use Fancast.com - but you need an IP in the US to watch time.

White Springs TV White Springs TV - Home Page (http://www.whitesprings.tv/) works throught the world.

gloriais18
27th Jan 2009, 12:19
Aquaint yourself with the concept of bittorrents (do a search) download a bittorrent client. Then go to mininova.org there you will find what you are looking for. Of course you wouldn't download copyright material but there are plenty of other "goodies"

Caution with the software, virus and mean and nasty things are caught in places nice guys shouldn't go.

"Enjoy what the Net can give, knowledge is freedom"

preduk
27th Jan 2009, 15:56
Aquaint yourself with the concept of bittorrents (do a search) download a bittorrent client. Then go to mininova.org there you will find what you are looking for. Of course you wouldn't download copyright material but there are plenty of other "goodies"

Caution with the software, virus and mean and nasty things are caught in places nice guys shouldn't go.

"Enjoy what the Net can give, knowledge is freedom"
It's called Warez and again it's illegal and breaches copyright. Any tv/film/software/music/document you download from Mininova or any peer to peer or direct download site is illegal.

Saab Dastard
27th Jan 2009, 16:38
May I refer you to the "Computer / Internet Forum Guidelines" sticky - hacking, cracking and copyright circumvention are strictly off limits.

SD

Shunter
27th Jan 2009, 17:35
There is 1 main cause of movie piracy: the movie industry. Just like the music industry they failed to give the public what they wanted; ie. a usable on-demand digital service for a reasonable price. No sympathy for them in the slightest I'm afraid.

However..... arsing around with Torrents and Usenet is just a pain. Especially if you're over the age of 20 and prefer to kick back on the sofa with a bottle of wine and just watch a movie on your TV without buggering around encoding, burning etc.

Sky goes a very small way to address this. It's great if they happen to be showing what you want, but useless otherwise. I binned my Sky subscription because there was simply never anything I wanted to watch. Plus I refuse to watch any TV channel with adverts.

An Apple TV is one possible solution. A little set-top box which allows you to download an watch on-demand movies, and has a pretty large choice.

green granite
27th Jan 2009, 18:37
I agree Shunter Plus they have been ripping the public off for years with their zoning and different pricing systems within those zones, and not releasing things on a world wide basis but piecemeal.

P.Pilcher
28th Jan 2009, 18:01
They will get dragged, kicking and screaming, into the 21st century eventually (probably by the 22nd century...) After all, the music induustry had eventually bowed to it with music downloads available for a fee from legit sites. The movie industry will have to bend in the end or the piracy which goes on at the moment wil eventually cause their demise.

P.P.