PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Paris Helipad?

EESDL
22nd Jan 2009, 15:05
Looking to fly into Disneyland in company chopper.
Whilst I'm looking into regs - has anybody done it recently - latest int etc?

Pprune search revealed mainly puddle-jumpers using local GA airfields and bus'ing/taxi etc.

Bladecrack
22nd Jan 2009, 16:54
EESDL,

I've noticed a site just outside the main park beside the hotels with a windsock, but I don't know if it is regularly used by helicopters, and it seemed to be fairly open. (not secure) Good luck with the trip!

BC

Twiddle
22nd Jan 2009, 19:36
If not then Lognes is fairly close been there in both heli and fixed wing.

chopper2004
23rd Jan 2009, 08:57
Issy Les Moulineux Heliport on rue Henry Farman..but thats center of Paris so dont know if that would help?

Reflex
23rd Jan 2009, 09:27
As already suggested Lognes is one option, another is Meaux-Esbly with parallel grass runways!
If you do go to Meaux, check on fuel availability.
Have been to both these a/fields during the time EuroDisney was being built so obviously not for a few years!
Landed once at the site itself, but that was for the handover ceremony at the end of the build.
Don't forget there's a restricted area over the site and last but not least you will need the good old Helisurface permit for any off-airfield landings.

EESDL
23rd Jan 2009, 15:18
thanks for suggestions so far - happy with landing off-airfield requirements and local GA airfields.
Also aware that restricted airspace is not a 'stopper'
will follow hotel lead - thanks

scooter boy
24th Jan 2009, 21:12
I was thinking of doing this a couple of years back.
I've been in to Issy which is great for central Paris and from which Battersea should model its charges.

Meaux is the closest I think with Coulommiers a close second.

Please do let us know if there is a private site at one of the hotels.
You would require a special piece of paper for an off-airport landing in la bell France n'est-ce pas?
SB