PDA

View Full Version : Double sided print - inverted

Keygrip
20th Jan 2009, 22:50
Heyas,

I've actually solved this one with research (Yay, Google!!), but have spent many curious hours over many months pondering on how and why. Wondered if anybody else was (is) having the same problem.

I have an HP printer - one of those all-in-wonder thingies. An Officejet7310, with a "duplexer" on the back to automatically control double sided printing.

Some time ago, the printer suddenly started printing the reverse side of the documents inverted. The front side was one way up, the rear side was "upside down". Very odd.

I did manage to find an e-mail address of a guy who deals with the problem. If anybody needs it, [email protected] sent me a patch, and installation instructions that would cover all brands of Vista.

Very relieved to have that one sorted - was a pain doing it manually all the time.

jimtherev
21st Jan 2009, 10:38
As a matter of interest, did HP show any? (interest, that is?)

Keygrip
21st Jan 2009, 12:10
Not without paying for tech support - as the warranty had expired.

To be fair, because of the above, I didn't even approach them on this one, I just trawled Guggle.

bnt
22nd Jan 2009, 11:32
In the laser printer driver on the computer here (at university), under Properties, you can select whether double-sided printing is along the "long edge" or the "short edge". That controls how side 2 comes out relative to side 1. Shouldn't require any special patches, just a change in settings.

Keygrip
22nd Jan 2009, 12:33
Same with my 7310, bnt - but a Windows update screwed it.

I found zillions of comments and questions about it when I researched the answer.

I was given click-by-click instructions and a file to download, but I/we/it had to rewrite the print spooler (or something similar).