PDA

View Full Version : Screen resolution internet?

tony draper
20th Jan 2009, 19:15
Summat weird has happened,my screen resolution is 1024x728,internet pages open in this resolution,however for some reason youtube opens in a much higher screen resolution setting,vid clips seem to play as they always did but the text is almost to small to read,if I open "Display from the control panel it still shows the screen running at 1024x728,is there some way to get it back to what it was?
Pprune seems to run in the resolution it always has,only thing I can think of that has caused this was I dropped the keyboard this afternoon and youtube has been running like this ever since?
weird,:confused:

mdc
20th Jan 2009, 20:04
You don't say what browser your using, but in most browsers you can change the font size of a displayed web site by using the CTRL and "+" or "-" keys to increase or decrease the font size.

tony draper
20th Jan 2009, 20:13
Thank you MDC that did the trick:ok:,didn't know that,been looking for a user preference thingy on you tube without luck.
Great stuff,thanks again I can read the text without a magnifying glass now

Keef
20th Jan 2009, 20:32
Or, if you have a wheel mouse, just hold down the Ctrl key and scroll the wheel.

treadigraph
20th Jan 2009, 20:39
I didn't know that either - thank you gents! Something to amuse the whinging so and so's at work tomorrow...

bnt
20th Jan 2009, 21:26
I think Firefox remembers any font size changes for a particular site, so if you or someone reduced the font size on YouTube before, it's been remembered this time.

Bushfiva
21st Jan 2009, 01:39
And ctrl-0 resets any zoom.

Loose rivets
21st Jan 2009, 02:27
Thank you, thank you again.:}

One has zoomed for quite a while, but was never quite sure if I was back to zero.

treadigraph
21st Jan 2009, 06:45
The IT Wallahs seem to have somehow locked the zoom facility at work - for shame!