PDA

View Full Version : KC-30A First Contact

D-IFF_ident
20th Jan 2009, 08:11
EADS N.V. - Airbus Military initiates testing of the A330 MRTT as a receiver (http://www.eads.net/1024/en/pressdb/pressdb/20090119_airbus_militray_first_contact.html)

Friday 19 Jan 2009:

An A330 MRTT (KC-30A) built for the Royal Australian Air Force completed another major program milestone when the A310 Boom demonstrator, used as test bed for the new EADS fly-by-wire boom, made a series of contacts during a flight test over waters off the coast of southwest Spain.

:D

BEagle
20th Jan 2009, 08:43
Your go next then, mate!

During this phase of the flight test campaign the aerodynamic configuration of the pods has been proven and several hose-deployed tests have been conducted at different altitudes and airspeeds.

Whereas the KC-767A pod configuration? Still not sorted yet??

wall-e
29th Jun 2009, 15:48
Gday IFF

thanks for answering my question on the lateral rec thread!

Now I have a couple of quest on this thread here!

Is the KC30A already being delivered to the RAAF and if not yet do they have an IOC? How did RAAF managed to maintain the AAR capability after the B707? When the RAAF will have all the 4/5 KCs how/where/for how long are they planning to train their pilots and boomers AAR wise? thanks so far!

D-IFF_ident
30th Jun 2009, 01:58
All info your looking for is available in open source, but if you have specifics then send a PM. And if you really are a 'VC10 PIC' then you'll have access to my email address easily enough.