PDA

View Full Version : NSCA 20 year reunion

trimpot
20th Jan 2009, 02:49
It's hard to believe but it's 20 years since the collapse of the NSCA. :{ For all the ex-NSCA types out there in pprune land, there is a reunion being organised for the 7th of March at the LaTrobe Valley Airfield. Below is the reunion website:-

NSCA 20 year reunion (http://users.tpg.com.au/ingamal/reunion.html)

Hope to see you there for a catch up, a few beers and a reminisce (the older we get, the better we were). :ok:

Feel free to P.M. me if you need any other information.

Regards,
Seve

Wayne Jenkins
20th Jan 2009, 13:08
Mr. Taylor......

I can remember when you were a boy with hair!!!! :)

Trying to contact all the old Darwin SAR Flight guys, .....its getting to be a short list.

Suggest you also post the same in "Rumours & News" so you may catch the FW folk as well.

Catch you in March.

Jerka.

RVDT
20th Jan 2009, 18:21
The Freddo years.............................

Definitely couldn't be repeated.

Scammer extraordinaire!

How many million ~ 300? The biggest con Australia has ever seen!

topendtorque
20th Jan 2009, 19:45
How many million ~ 300? The biggest con Australia has ever seen!

Simply something nothing, Look no further than the current government, blew our complete surplus in less than four short weeks, much of which went on the pokies or booze in the black blocks.

BTW is the dude that used to get around the NSCA darwin office that used to wear pink overalls and nail and toe polish still around?
A pilot he was i believe?

Treg
20th Jan 2009, 21:55
I heard a rumor that a mystery guest with a German accent will be paying a visit:}

Nigel Osborn
21st Jan 2009, 00:45
Trimpot

I taught Clackers to fly a 76, does that count?? Also DA to fly a 105!!:ok:

trimpot
21st Jan 2009, 01:18
Nigel,
Don't they still owe you for the 76 training? It only counts if you received a pay cheque not Kangaroo cheque ;)

Nigel Osborn
21st Jan 2009, 02:56
They paid for the 105 but not the 76! He still has my notes!:ok:

Red Wine
21st Jan 2009, 08:48
After ten years and $300+M what did the NSCA Victorian Division actually accomplish???

Was sitting back sipping coffee and making a list of the advances in Aviation / EMS that the NSCA brought to the Australian people.

A few notable disciplines that I can remember:

• Introduced ME IFR EMS/SAR to Victoria, then to NSW, QLD, NT and briefly to WA.
[All CHC Civil and Military SAR / EMS should thank old Fredo for that hard work – as when the NSCA was exposed and crashed, CHC took over a set of disciplines that they or Australian GA did not possess, including the actual airframes, staff and equipment].

• Fire bombing for the Victorian Government: B205 / B212 / B412’s

• Fixed Winged Firescan: Kingair’s [Today that is a current summer contract to some lucky FW operator].

• Submarine Rescue Vehicle: now with the Royal Australian Navy

• Survivor Location Pigeon [as in Birds] Identification Program: Now being developed by the United States Air Force.

• Search and Rescue Dog’s: Now being developed by every Australian State Police Force.

• Military Search and Rescue: Due to the RAAF “selling” their Helicopters to the Army, particularly the early series of Night “Auto” hover LN450 systems.

Can anyone else think of any other discipline that a dedicated group can accomplish when “funds” are not an issue [sounds like our current military].;)

trimpot
23rd Jan 2009, 01:09
In an effort to get this thread back to the top, let me add to the list.

The transport of Hyperbaric chambers (with a patient and an attendant inside) in both helicopters and fixed wing. (Eight hours is a long time to go without having a pee!)

The manufactur and use of the harnesses and rescue strops (including the hypothermia strop) that were the forerunners of all the gear that is being used today.

Supply drop training (gotta love that Denning Mouse) for civvy SAR units.

Pararescue and all that goes with it, including using square, ram air parachutes as opposed to the round 'chutes the USAF PJ were (are?) using.

And all sorts of other fun stuff like throwing jet skis out of planes, purely for rescue purposes only!!!

Oh, and burning down the odd island. It was ok the SAS got the blame didn't they Higgo :E

Glenn Higgins
28th Jan 2009, 17:09
I am packing the Maroon Buggie Smugglers as we speak...

I hope Mouse will slide by and pick us up in the Denning????

See you all there it should be a good day.

Higgo.

Treg
28th Jan 2009, 22:16
Higgo wearing buggies these days! Good job I need glasses now and can leave them at home :eek::}

trimpot
29th Jan 2009, 00:16
Treg,
I thought you would be arriving in the 'mankini' Borat style? :eek:

Treg
29th Jan 2009, 01:41
Good one Trimpot! Ruin the surprize why don't ya :}

John Eacott
29th Jan 2009, 22:30
Quick straw poll: how many ex NSCA still have more than one item of kit issued all those years ago?

Orange flying ovies, Knife, Boots, Etc. I've even got about 20 NSCA Victoria patches if anyone wants a reminder of Freddo's legacy :cool:

trimpot
29th Jan 2009, 22:36
I've still got all the kit that was issued (and a lot that wasn't :E)

ROKAPE
30th Jan 2009, 08:49
Why not post photos along the lines of the 'Bristow' thread....

Glenn Higgins
30th Jan 2009, 10:20
The old 7mm Wet Suit fits like a Stinger Suit these days, but geez it's warm :-)

I bet Micky Bridle would still have 4,000,000,000 feet of Orange Gash Rope!

Higgo.

trimpot
31st Jan 2009, 07:04
and 500,000,000 Dragersorb containers :}

Wayne Jenkins
3rd Mar 2009, 09:02
Seve.......I gather all is still alive for this coming weekend?

trimpot
3rd Mar 2009, 20:15
Hi Wayne,
Yes, it's all go! Polishing the raspberry beret as we speak :} See you all there.
Regards,
Seve