PDA

View Full Version : Strike at Alitalia. Did AFKLM make the right decision ?

AF jockey
19th Jan 2009, 15:32
Today, a strike was initiated at Rome Fiumicino APT a week after AFKLM agreed to acquire 25% of AZ's capital.

I'm not quite sure whether AFKL made the right choice investing over 300 million euros in this crap pot...Direct consequence : -8% at the Paris stock exchange on the AFKL value. Well done and thank you very much for the warm welcome !!!

They just don't know who they're relating to. Air France KLM is not the Italian government. If there's no way of working this entity out towards a better something, it will be disposed of in no time. Shares are just shares.

hetfield
19th Jan 2009, 15:45
I'm afraid AZ will be a nightmare for AFKLM....

Dysag
19th Jan 2009, 15:52
What is Alitalia there for? What's its reason for existing?

P.S. the first thing AFKL should have done is change the name. Alitalia is a junk brand if ever there was one.

lomapaseo
19th Jan 2009, 15:59
I'm sure the 25% stake holders had programed a strike like this in their business model.

No surprise so far

Riu
19th Jan 2009, 16:05
well anyway 300 mil was a pretty cheap bid for the 25% considering that they offered 3 billions in the first place for the whole junkyard!

racedo
19th Jan 2009, 17:05
well anyway 300 mil was a pretty cheap bid for the 25% considering that they offered 3 billions in the first place for the whole junkyard!

In many ways you are right as the 300 mill give AF control over what happens rather than have somone else buy in and upset the applecart.

vanHorck
19th Jan 2009, 18:12
The strike is about the new contracts of employment as well as the criteria which were used for the decision on who stayed and who left.

I don't understand these people. They are the lucky ones who keep a job and they go on strike! Perhaps the criteria should have been expanded to not include any member who was a member of the highly political Italian unions.

Why would people remain loyal to unions who have cost tens of thousands of jobs (I am referring to the original AFKL offer as opposed to the deal which was struck recently). I must be missing something

bluepilot
19th Jan 2009, 18:17
They really are pathetic.

mastercaution1
19th Jan 2009, 19:40
I agree!!! This will be a nightmare for AFKLM. Unbelievable that they īve bought 25%. 1 Cent for Alitalia is already too much :ugh: :ugh:

saucy jack
19th Jan 2009, 19:45
First impressions flying with New Alitalia today from FCO.

The latest inflight magazine promised that the company was aiming to provide a "typically authentic italian experience" or something along those lines.....hmmmmmmmmm, not sure that's what the Dutch had in mind.

When the plane arrived it was in fact from Volareweb who I thought went out with the bathwater months ago but that's Italy for you and at least this added an element of surprise. To be fair it was smarter than most Alitalia ones.

Luggage then arrived 30 minutes later than us pax at the plane...as per...

Oh, and the check-in system was unable to credit the flight to my Skyteam frequent flyer card although I was assured it "should" be able to.

Normal ops then...not sure what happened to that 300 million.

Chippie Chappie
19th Jan 2009, 20:20
Are AFKLM buying the airline or are they buying the airport slots? :hmm:

I wonder how much Silvio is making out of this one :E