PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Theory Changing?

DaveD
19th Jan 2009, 11:49
I heard a rumour recently from some instructors at the flight school im training at that the governing body for the ATPL Theory which is as I know JAR. Is going to be changing to the EASA...

Is this true, anyone have and information on this?

I'm concerned as it may not only make things more stringent, but when i'm coming to do my exams, it might also make the Bristol question bank useless?

Tight Slot
19th Jan 2009, 11:51
Wrong forum me thinks, off to Wannabies we go

DaveD
19th Jan 2009, 11:54
Rumours & News Reporting Points that may affect our jobs or lives as professional pilots. Also, items that may be of interest to professional pilots.

It's a rumour, and would affect the prospective professional pilots. I also wouldn't expect wanabee's to have an answer to that? It also may be of interest to them too.

So yeah, thanks for that comment.

DaveD
19th Jan 2009, 12:24
This is just so everyone in the forum can read it.

Yazid
19th Jan 2009, 12:29
Hi there,

I live in Portugal and Iīm hearing for almost one year that his going to change form JAR to EASA.... but until now I havenīt see nothing.

chrisbl
19th Jan 2009, 19:40
Sorry but where have you been?

These forums have been debating the impact of EASA do a search for EASA.

2close
19th Jan 2009, 22:20
Simply putting it, EC Regulation 216/2008 came into force last year.

This provides the basic regulation for EASA to develop the Implementing Rules and Acceptable Means of Compliance for Flight Crew Licensing and Medical requirements.

These will replace JARs in their entirety (as is already the case for Maintenance requirements) with the difference that, unlike JARs, EC Reg 216/2008 is EU law and all EU member states have to comply with its requirements.

Notices of Proposed Amendment have been put forward for comment (by anyone wishing to do so) and these can be read at the EASA website.

Rulemaking | Notices of Proposed Amendment (NPAs) (http://www.easa.europa.eu/ws_prod/r/r_npa.php)

As you can see in Sub-Part F to NPA 2008-17b, there is no proposed change to the ATPL Theory.

Once the comments have been read, dissected, discussed, agreed, disagreed, argued, etc. and a final agreed document published this will be set in stone across all EASA member states.

CY333
20th Jan 2009, 10:52
It is changing and as far as i know the exams are going to be written again.
This means that the feedback will not be as accurate as now and it will take a while to catch up.
This is a quote from a known FTO in the UK.

Laroussi
20th Jan 2009, 12:53
Alex from Bristol replied to this question before if I'm not mistaken. He basically said they'll see the changes towards the end of this year. They'll have to run the two systems in parallel for a while.

Try searching using his name.

Greg2041
20th Jan 2009, 15:04
All change yet again or is it? Blah, blah etc. Alex will give you the definitive answer.

Greg

Greg2041
20th Jan 2009, 15:31
Alex, can you update all these beautiful PPRUNERS?

Greg

Alex Whittingham
20th Jan 2009, 15:41
Excuse me not typing it out again ATPL Forum (http://www.atpforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7905)

Greg2041
20th Jan 2009, 15:42
Fully excused and a bit of marketing besides! As ever this man has his finger on the pulse. The question is, does the CAA have a pulse?

Greg

Dear CAA, please note that this is a joke and I love you really!

flyvirgin
21st Jan 2009, 11:19
Hi there,
Does this mean the exams are going to be written, or they staying multi choice.
Cheers

Alex Whittingham
21st Jan 2009, 11:45
Definitely multi-choice.

P1 Forever
6th Apr 2011, 15:07
Hello folks,

I'm looking for an update with regards to the status of the atpl syllabus as I've been out of the loop for a couple of years. I have atpl books from 2005, are they still okay to study from? How about the bristol question bank...is it still a good help for the exams? Don't want to take the exams and find out all the questions have changed.

Thanks for your help.

alkatifa
7th Apr 2011, 11:04
Just came from Bristol last week, finished up mod 2 today.
Word is they are in fact changing the syllabus in June, I think, and at the moment, people starting ATPLs will in fact switch to the new thing, from June on.

We were told that we could still finish until later in the year with the old stuff, but the newcomers will be switching soon. Question bank is indeed still a powerful aid but version 3 is creeping in as well.

Cheers!

P1 Forever
7th Apr 2011, 13:37
Thanks for that alkatifa,

so maybe the new exam syllabus will run in parallel with the old exam syllabus until the end of year at least to give students who started on the old a chance to complete it.