PDA

View Full Version : Fake Captain Working In Nigeria

Chuck Y
19th Jan 2009, 08:48
I have no intention to harm anyone or to ruin anyone's livelyhood but I feel that it is my professional responsibilty to let all you guys flying there that a F/O that was recently asked to leave Gulf Air(because he was moonlighting as a Captain with an Indian airline!!!) has been spotted in LHR operating the A340 for a Nigerian carrier as a Captain. I know if I post his name this thread will be closed but I can at least tell you that he is of German-Italian origin.
There I have done my bit so, God forbid, anything should ever happen & this donkey kill anyone I know at least I tried to prevent it.
Safe flying guys.

LH2
19th Jan 2009, 09:54
he was moonlighting as a Captain with an Indian airline

Sri-Lankan airline rather? Assuming this is the same guy:

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/336839-fake-sri-lankan-airlines-captain.html

Chuck Y
19th Jan 2009, 10:58
No it's not the same guy although they do have much in common.

LongJohnThomas
19th Jan 2009, 12:48
ONLY IN NIGERIA!!! Na wa o!!!
It just does not get any better!! Unbelievable!!
Hahahahaha.

Joe Monsoon
19th Jan 2009, 13:20
Submit an ASR to who since chuck does not work in uk,so which Nigerian carrier fly A340 to LHR

Agaricus bisporus
19th Jan 2009, 13:42
In which case he's probably out of work regardless.

Problem is, he'll be out on the job market with accredited P1 time in an 340.

Something needs to be done!

LongJohnThomas
19th Jan 2009, 13:55
Well, only Arik operates the A345's into LHR at the moment.
Could any of you send me this individual's details by PM?
You do not have to include anything about yourself/selves.
I will make sure the appropriate Authorities get them ASAP.

Carrier
19th Jan 2009, 14:08
Quote: "The proper course of action would be to report him to the relevent CAA"

In Africa? How naive!

Joe Monsoon
19th Jan 2009, 14:25
Long J i send u pm good luck mate:ok:

littlejet
19th Jan 2009, 15:16
If he was already a Captain in India and FO at Gulfair, the only dispute is between that guy and the Gulfair since he was working for a different airline while he was in Gulfair.
If he than applied to eg. Arik fulfilling PIC time requirement from India than what is the fuss about?
Maybe he was a Captain before joining Gulfair.
Or maybe he just became tired climbing the walls built by Captains
to protect their well paid job from unwanted intruders called "First Officers".

NIJASEA
19th Jan 2009, 15:37
Do you guys realise that if this was a Nigerian captain more replies would have been put up. As long as he has been accepted by the company to fly as a captain and has the relevant type rating part 1 endorsed on his ATPL licence and meets the insurance requirements there is no law banning the employment of a crew member as a direct captain even if he was an F/O in his previous company. The individual in question was a captain however that was gotten, that indicates the job as a captain is based on his Indian command experience and not his Gulf Air experience. Guys Dont hate the player hate the game.

Revnetwork
19th Jan 2009, 15:59
Note also that the Arik A345 is Portuguese registered so any issues might need to be dealt with by the Portuguese CAA.

NIJASEA
19th Jan 2009, 16:07
WHAT ISSUE:confused:

Chuck Y
19th Jan 2009, 17:00
The guy got into the Indian airline by claiming that he was a Captain with Gulf Air. They soon let him go. So his left seat time in India, which since he was there only for alittle over a month, is first of all bogus but also cannot amount to more than a 100hrs.
Also this guy claimed to have been a training Captain with Air Mauritius before joining Gulf on the A343 even though nobody knows him there.
This guy is a serial bulls****er.

LongJohnThomas
19th Jan 2009, 17:28
Well, his reign of terror is about to end.:ugh:
Nijasea, there are no direct entries for that airplane at the moment. Somethiong is out of place in this.
Well, i have forwarded his details to tha appropriate people. They should be able to handle it.
Cheers guys.:ok:

THRidle
19th Jan 2009, 22:18
L.J.T-

I beg to differ, but one U.K leasing agency is currently advertising for DEC's and FO's based in the U.K for this particular operation.

Mr. Smith
19th Jan 2009, 23:14
What a ridiculously petty. You come on a rumor network with half stories. The only Nigerian airline operating an A340 is Arik, but HiFly is doing so on a wet-lease basis for them. How about you do the moral and right thing and forward not only the name of said individual to HiFly, or the Portuguese Aviation Authority but any hard evidence to support such. Don't just sit here "hoping" he doesn't claim a life. :*

LongJohnThomas
20th Jan 2009, 11:58
THRidle,
I have seen the ad for the position.
I must assuer you all that the only thing this individual has done wrong is to parade himself in Capt's uniform.:ugh::eek:
He is employed as First Officer and flies in this capacity.
Whether or not something will be done about impersonation is left to his employers.:rolleyes:
I rest my case.
BTW; The company does not accept Direct entry Captains on the A345.:=

weido_salt
20th Jan 2009, 13:37
I could be wrong about this but I was under the impression that all type ratings in JAA were P1. So if that is the case and the company have employed him to fly LHS, what is the problem??

As far as the number of stripes go, well in Africa I have seen 4 cockpit crew in one aircraft ALL waring 4 stripes. I.E., 4, 4 ringers. I also saw 2 of them holding hands but I digress.

buzz light
20th Jan 2009, 16:46
Common guys there is no corruption in Nigeria !!

surely not
20th Jan 2009, 17:02
Common guys there is no corruption in Nigeria !!

Oi!!!! who are you calling common??!!!!!

I have seen 4 cockpit crew in one aircraft ALL waring 4 stripes.

Is that the late Eddie Waring?? Wonder what he was wearing.........

weido_salt
21st Jan 2009, 06:58
OMG!!! we've been rumbled by the gramma/spelling police!! We are in deep sh*t!!

If you had of seen my composition before I run the spell checker over it you would have had a field day. Surely not? Oh yes I kid you not.

If you knew what I flew for a living and how much formal education and qualifications I had to my name, you would probably go into meltdown.:O

chuks
21st Jan 2009, 08:01
What happened to your education, qualifications, etcetera then? You had them but you lost them?

I had a university graduate volunteer unasked to help me write an essay once. I guess he thought that someone without his education would be a bit lost. When I got his help I just thanked him and quietly binned it as a waste of good paper but in his mind he had sorted this one out for one of the great unwashed.

weido_salt
21st Jan 2009, 08:52
chuks

"Had?" Have-not-had-any-to-loose! Qualefacations I meen.

Is that an improvement?:suspect:

surely not
21st Jan 2009, 15:28
Weido_salt, the odd thing about it is that whilst both my wife and I have always been reasonably good at spelling, our two offspring are hopeless!!!

I'm not the spelling and grammar police, they normally p*ss me off with their up themselves cleverness, but those two mistakes were begging for a bit of fun.

Back onto topic..................well loosely back onto topic......if this guy is having to dress up as a Captain whilst employed as a FO, is this in work or outside work where he dresses up? Mega saddo of a chap IMHO.

elpilotofrances
22nd Jan 2009, 17:30
I do confirm
he is flying as a copilot, and the reason he is in captain uniform is that the nigerian company have not given yet any uniform ....
so .......

A340Flyer
22nd Jan 2009, 20:06
It is a shame that my first post will be about the individual in question.
He's not such a bad guy and i spoke to him recently and i also concur with
elpilotofrances' story.
He promises to return to 3 stripes as soon as they are given uniforms.

ZAZOO
25th Jan 2009, 12:33
A340Flyer, please inform him, that's I am assuming he is not aware, but Arik Air keeps a sizeable collection of Uniforms at their coporate headquaters here in lagos and he has only to ask his Chief Pilot and will be provided with his three bars. I believe they are putting on Arik Air Uniforms!!!

This will not be tolerated anywhere else, enough of this and lets be correct and professional. Whats going on here?

Zaz

A340Flyer
25th Jan 2009, 12:53
Bonjour Zazoo. Merci pour votre commentaire. Je vais certainement faire en sorte qu'il reçoit votre message.
Travaillez-vous pour Arik maintenant?
I assure you he may just be a little ignorant!

ZAZOO
28th Jan 2009, 13:19
bonjour A340Flyer, non pas pour Arik, mais j suis a lagos avec ACN.

salut

Zaz