PDA

View Full Version : ASNSW response procedure - Bankstown

superchow
19th Jan 2009, 06:47
Is anyone able to give a run down on the procedure the Bankstown crews take when responding to a primary?

I.E. The steps taken from receiving the tasking from MRU to skids off.

Again, not after a CHC bashing, just the facts.

Thanks.

spinwing
19th Jan 2009, 08:33
superchow .....

Good luck with this one!

:E

Curious2
19th Jan 2009, 09:01
Superchow,

You can't be serious!

Why don't you just ask them to post their ops manual on here for you!

They get airborne as fast as is professionally and safely possible. That is all you need to know and hopefully all you get from a Professional Pilot's Forum.;)

Oogle
19th Jan 2009, 11:45
If they are anything like any other EMS service in Aus (or the world for that matter), it would go something like this:

1. Call received from the MRU
2. Weather would already been appraised by the pilot for the day (or night) ahead when they came on shift so the pilot will give the go/no-go
3. Doctor will get the medical info for the patient to give a heads up to see what extras they will need for the particular patient (drugs, extra supplies of blood if a car accident or other type of incident) and also see what they can expect once they first see the patient. This is of course if the information is available. Many times it is not.
4. Aircraft should have been pre-flighted (both helicopter and medically speaking) so push it out of the hangar if not already done so.
5. Pilot phones Bankstown Tower to submit flight details. Unless they have some standing order that allows them to just give a taxi call as part of submitting flight details. Middle of the night, YSBK reverts to a CTAF(R) so liason with Sydney radar will be required for any airways clearances. This may be applicable whether VFR or IFR but I understand that they file IFR for every flight.

Anyway, the process would go something like that but without working there, I don't know the actuals.

As I said before, the above process is pretty standard for most EMS/SAR operations and there is no "secret" to anyone's procedures.

:ok: