PDA

View Full Version : Hours and Lasors!

Elbiot
18th Jan 2009, 16:42
I have been trying and failing at finding in the lasors a few hour questions i have!
I understand that i need
100 PIC to have a cpl issued
200 Total time to have a cpl issued
150 total time to start CPL training

how many PIC hours do i need in order to start my CPL?
im modular if that makes a difference with PIC hours for starting.

Cant seem to find it in section D1 of Lasors..

Any help appreciated

Vulcan607
18th Jan 2009, 17:08
Hey there,

I've had this explained to me several different ways.

If starting the CPL first as a modular student, you will need

150 hours TOTAL TIME
70 of which are PIC TIME

So whilst doing your CPL starting with 70hrs pic time, you will still have to continue building 30 more hours in the meantime for licence issue to have 100 PIC TIME out of the minimum 200 hours TOTAL TIME.

Can someone clarify this for me too if this is correct for doing the CPL first?

The school i'm doing the cpl/mep/ir prefer to do mep/ir first then the 15 hour CPL so I'm a bit sketchy on the CPL 1st route.

negativeROC
18th Jan 2009, 17:16
There is NO p1 requirement to start a CPL. There is a 150 hour total time requirement to start the CPL Flight training course. There is a 100 hour P1 time and 200 hours total time (no sim included in either number) for licence issue. A Night qualification is also required for licence issue for a CPL.

The 70 hours noted above is because that school does MEP/IR before CPL. To start an MEP Land class rating course you must have 70 hours PIC.

Keygrip
18th Jan 2009, 19:06
Having said all that, the CPL test is all about command decision making - so the more *genuine* P1 time you have, the more experience of decision making you are likley to have.

This is where all the arguments about the "hole drillers" comes in. Just renting an aircraft and flying it up and down the Florida coastline, not talking to anybody, just racking up "hobbs time" gains you nothing towards the CPL.

FAA "dual" and "P1" time combined is a waste of time for this aspect.

2close
18th Jan 2009, 22:08
You don't necessarily need the Night Qual for CPL issue, just have completed the necessary training for the Night Qual. This can be done during the CPL but they are extra hours, unlike the PPL where you can do the Night Qual as part of the 45 hours.