PDA

View Full Version : Converting a FAA into a ATPL

henricho
18th Jan 2009, 14:52
I am looking to get my CPL in the states as its cheaper but i will only recive a FAA and i want to return back to the uk and convert it into a APTL i was just wondering how thiscan be done?

BigGrecian
18th Jan 2009, 16:29
Well since, you want to be a Commercial pilot, you would research in JAR FCL 1 - section G for ATPL or D for CPL; however it seems you lack that much initiative. Since you didn't and feel the need for second hand information rather than first hand; :ugh:
You would have also clicked on archive threads at the top of the Professional Pilot Training forum.:bored:
Or you would have used the Search function. :confused:

You would then realise that you can't convert straight from a FAA CPL to JAA ATPL - you could convert to a JAA CPL - if you had your ATPL theories taken, and that would be training as required - must places sell this course as 7-10 hours.

You would need an instrument rating as well and this conversion is 15 hours minimum although must sell this as 20 hours.

I would imagine and hope the moderators shut this thread down.

henricho
18th Jan 2009, 19:26
i see know need for such an aggresive reply i have just started looking into this and was just looking for some help. I am sorry for not knowing everything already ill try harder before asking for help again.