PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Aero Club

Charlie Fox
17th Jan 2009, 16:27
Just letting you know that the Millibar restaurant is temporarily closed

K.Whyjelly
17th Jan 2009, 17:07
That'll upset a number of longstopping bmi crews who enjoy popping in for a bite to eat!!

derekf
17th Jan 2009, 19:15
Indeed it will.

It's very unfortunate and I've posted a news item regarding the temporary closure on Jersey Aero Club - Home (http://www.jerseyaeroclub.com)

Jacinto has done an excellent job in building up the Millibar after taking over from Marcel, however due to some personal issues he's had to step down effective from tonight (and the committee were only officially informed this morning).

Unfortunately that leaves us in a difficult position whilst we look for somebody to take over the concession.

We hope to have something up and running in a temporary way in the next few days until such time as we can get it fully up and running with somebody new.

I'll update this thread whenever I get any more news.

derekf
22nd Jan 2009, 09:51
Here's an update:

Subject: Millibar – reopening on Friday 23 January

A message to all members of Jersey Aero Club

The members of the Jersey Aero Club Committee are pleased to be able to announce the re-opening of the bar with effect from this Friday.

The facilities will be initially be open for teas, coffees and light snacks between 1000hrs and 1500hrs each day.

I am pleased that Fatima, who many of you will know, has agreed to assist with these arrangements. Eveline and Paula from the Committee will also be involved. They would appreciate any assistance that members may be able to give towards the running of this temporary facility.

Advertisements have already been placed in the search for a replacement operator which will eventually allow a full service to be resumed.

We will update members as soon as more news becomes available.

Jonathan Gready
Chairman