PDA

View Full Version : Military training?

Ricadoo
17th Jan 2009, 11:36
I was wondering if anybody out there would give me some advice on the Irish Air Corps - selection process, prospects, etc...
If not, some military advice in general will do.
Thanks in advance:ok:

Green Flash
17th Jan 2009, 12:16
Defence Forces - Air Corps - Introduction (http://www.military.ie/aircorps/) thence get yourself to sunny Baldonnel!

Keygrip
17th Jan 2009, 12:17
Ricadoo, whilst I am not suggestion for one millisecond that (most of) the military pilots are not professional, I think your thread would stand a better chance of receiving well informed answers here, rather than in the Professional Training forum.

I've extended the "redirect" facility to three days, which will allow those who only read PPRuNe at work, on their employers computer, the opportunity to see it on Monday.

minigundiplomat
17th Jan 2009, 17:21
The guys I've met have been top blokes. Cant comment on how they got there, but good luck.

meat bomb
18th Jan 2009, 07:51
military.ie should provide some of the answers for you. The process usually starts around this time of year with notification in the main national newspapers but it would be no harm to contact one of the manpower offices directly and get an application form sent out, you can then expect to do several interviews , fitness and medical assesments with notification for successful applicants about the same time as the CAO offers go out. I see you're only fifteen though, you have to be seventeen to start training, and that goes for every stream except apprenticeships. Best of luck!

Ricadoo
18th Jan 2009, 10:00
Thanks meatbomb, yes im only fifteen but i just want to find out about the AAC, im in 5th year so...
Thanks for all of you advice ^_^