PDA

View Full Version : F.M.C

mad_hatter
17th Jan 2009, 07:15
can anyone please help me out with the f.m.c of a b737-400.for ex: i wanna fly out from vabb to vidp,now how do i enter this data into the fmc.

CB-LOVER
17th Jan 2009, 08:30
HI,

I guess you are talking about a computer based simulator or else i am really scared.....

mad_hatter
17th Jan 2009, 11:01
haha.of course.i just got hold of feel there,737 Sim add on for fsx.i will be starting my training on 737 with a airline in 4 months time.just thought it might be a good idea to gather whatever knowledge i could.

Reluctant737
17th Jan 2009, 11:25
CB-LOVER, that made me laugh :ok:

mad hatter - main things universal to majority of 737 FMCs, there will be a POS (position) page, simply that's confirming where you are (for the benefit of the INS), PERF where you enter performance data like empty weight, fuel, reserves, cost index and the like. This is also where you set your cruising altitude (will probably suggest one for you based on what cost index you use). Following on from that will be an N1 page for engine limits/parameters and a takeoff page where you input flap settings and it calculates your V speeds etc.

To fly from A to B, VERY simply, you will have already put the departure code (ICAO) into the RTE page, on the DEP/ARR page you select whatever runway/SID you're using for the departure aerodrome, and the approach STAR/runway for landing at destination. Use the RTE (route) page to enter waypoints along the way. The LEGS page can be used to stipulate desired/required altitudes and speeds at each of the waypoints - this data is automatically derived from the RTE page. The CLB, CRZ and DES pages are pretty obvious, depending on whether you want ECON CLB, MAX ANGLE or MAX RATE. Select cruising speed/mach no on the CRZ page and you can also set speed restrictions on the DES page (typically 250/10,000).

In a nutshell :\

Regards, Ad

Floppy Link
17th Jan 2009, 12:33
Type FMC User Guide into Google
Click the first result

:ok: